Short Congo Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Congo Video

The Congos are in the 55g now and they are coloring up really well, the video doesn't do them justice, they look like rainbows in real life!!

__________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

They look awesome! Their fins have grown back wonderfully.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Thanks, they have come back great! They are still trying to find out who's the boss since I keep moving them but they don't damage eachother thankfully

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I've never really noticed Congos setting up any kind of pecking order really.
        -Jonathan

Comment

I definitely notice them posturing at eachother and charging, I assumed it was a pecking order thing?

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Lol I called that playing. They're tetras, they're constantly bugging the heck out of one another.
            -Jonathan

Comment

Oh, okay! The smaller tetras I've owned would do that for a time and stop. I like it! They are so flashy when they're darting around like that

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Now you are making me want a school of Congos!!! I've always been drawn to these fish. In fact was going to add them to the 125G, but got a great deal on the Australian Rainbows. Unfortunately, the rainbows colors are so muted they almost look like white fish. Been a disappointment, sad to say.

Your Congos are very active. Bet they bring life to your tank!
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

Beautiful congo's kinda wish I had got some now alas I am happy with my looney rainbows lol.

They must keep you entertained for hours and nice video bombing by your angel he's a pro lol
                  Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                    Now you are making me want a school of Congos!!! I've always been drawn to these fish. In fact was going to add them to the 125G, but got a great deal on the Australian Rainbows. Unfortunately, the rainbows colors are so muted they almost look like white fish. Been a disappointment, sad to say.

Your Congos are very active. Bet they bring life to your tank!
                    They are great Dena! I have been waiting for them for awhile (almost a year!) due to various things getting in the way but I'm very happy with them I have seen the rainbows go either way, I'm hesitant for that reason, some end up beautiful while others end up looking like a bait fish kinda

These guys are super active! There is a 55 to 75 change out in my future!!!! Very inobtrusive and gentle fish so far, they don't bother anybody and respect the angels territories to the utmost. Another cool thing about them (aside from the coloring) Is their Snaggle teeth! Some of mine have them sticking out already, I love them!! I thus the beleive they can be scale eaters thus the teeth.

I'm also planning on splitting this school (10M) down the road as I have access to females at a good price so you may end up getting some from me!

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                    Beautiful congo's kinda wish I had got some now alas I am happy with my looney rainbows lol.

They must keep you entertained for hours and nice video bombing by your angel he's a pro lol
                    They're an active bunch too Sarah!! My angels are pro's at that! Its my fault, I take too many pictures of them so they just assume I'm trying to get them
                    Last edited by Matt B; 03-03-2013, 08:07 AM.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Fish look great! really pretty looking group.

Dena, I have a group of austrialians that have some awesome colors, no idea why yourds are not coloring up as well.
                      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I think my Australian Rainbow are mutts. I've had them for 1.5 years. And their coloring is the same as my Silver Dollars!! Honestly, I think that's why I got them so cheap. Live and learn. The largest female is at least 4 if not 5 inches.
                        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                        Socrates

Comment

yeah something seems wrong, mine are about that size but have some nice color in them.
                          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

They have come along so fast! nice one Mattina!
                            When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

They have! Thanks They're not even mature yet, so I can't wait to see how they turn out

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                              X