This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye sticking out

I just noticed that one of my cory has one of its eyes sticking out o.o what causes that? Can it be fixed?

could be bacterial or it could be the water conditions, the disease is called pop eye and there are some ways to work with it once you determine the cause.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Hm I changed the water the day before I brought them home. Then I added an extra bottle of TSS when I added them. The other cory and goldies seem just fine.

Comment

It dose sound like Popeye. Like said its usually caused by environmental conditions. They eye gets filled up with fluid and that's why it bulges. Bacterial infection may also be present. I believe improving water conditions heals it up but takes time as the swelling dose other damage. Being too that it's only one eye it could be from an injury. Super clean water is the best course of action.
        Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 02-19-2013, 10:42 PM.
        Christine

Comment

Alright the way they chase each other around I wouldn't be surprised if he bumped his eye on something. These little guys are crazy xD

I just checked on him and now both eyes are sticking out
          Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 08-09-2013, 02:35 PM. Reason: merged posts; housekeeping

Comment

could be bacterial or water conditions then, if the parameters in the tank are ok I would begin a bacterial treatment for him
            -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Marcyn should do it.
              My life is chemical. Blood laced with status quo.
              "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Comment

Alright I have extra maracyn on hand

I had to put the cory into a bucket because Tipsy kept pecking at it's eye and was bothering it.
                Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 08-09-2013, 02:35 PM. Reason: merged posts; housekeeping

Comment

just keep it aerated and daily water changes, its been done before.
                  -Jim-

Comment

He didn't make it through the night.

Comment

Sorry to hear, hopefully it will be an isolated incident and things will be fine in the main tank.
                      -Jim-

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on everything. I did two water changes on the 20g today waiting 2 hours in between

Comment

Working...
                        X