This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Fin Rot and Fungus

Backstory: My survivors were fighting off some unknown parasite/bacteria initially and now I have secondary infection: Fin Rot/Fungus.

However, I see only one inhabitant that has Fin Rot and Fungus (DD Black Angel) should I QT this Angel or treat the whole tank? I am leaning on QTing my DD Black Angel since the other DDs are picking on it now. At the same time, I want to half dose my main tank with Primafix....opinions and thoughts?

QT tank dose with Primafix and do daily WCs once the med has cycled.

Can you quarantine the angel and also still treat the main tank? If he's getting picked on I agree that separating him would probably be best, even if it's too late to prevent it from spreading to other fish.

Hope this mess is over soon

Comment

I was leaning towards that route just wanted some feedback.

Comment

Well that's what I would do, I think

Comment

I would move him to the qt and medicate both tanks. Now that they have him singled out I'd be worried at him getting a fair shot at recovery in the main tank with new wounds all the time.
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

That's what I would do also.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I ended up QTing my DD Black Angel and he/she looks so sad to be alone...awe....Treated the main tank and the QT tank.

Edit: He or she looks so lonely and always looking at the bigger tank

Last edited by AmazonPassion; 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I'm happy to say that this Angel has recovered quite nicely. I did one treatment with Primafix after the 3rd day, I was doing daily WC (had to siphon the uneaten food on the bottom).

The tail fin is now black...no fungus growing and no longer white on the end of the fins...pretty happy.

Comment

Excellent news CJ are you going to move her back over?
                  Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Not yet. I'm going to give my baby more time in QT....just being on the safe side.

Comment

That sounds like a good idea I'm still happy for you and your little beauty though
                      Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

So glad to hear she's feeling better.
                        __________________________________________________ __________
                        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Fantastic to see this nightmare wrapping up AP.
                          __________________________________________________ _____
                          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                          X