X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking 12 gallon fluval edge

Hello
    I am settling up a tank for a friend tomorrow it's actually my old fluval edge the last time they went to get fish alone it was nightmarish I really shouldn't have let them go on their own they ended up with
    2 swordtails
    1 Congo tetra
    1 penguin tetra
    1 gold tetra
    1 unknown fish

It ended in tragedy as the tank cracked and the fish were lost before that happened there was a whole host of problems.

Now the tank has been replaced and they have asked me for help.
    I am giving them some of my plants and will be setting it up with fertilised substrate and playsand and will be going to the LFS with them tomorrow to get some supplies. I'm planning another jungle lol.

I was hoping you could help with what the options are for stocking. My friends son likes colourful fish and I know the options are limited. I will also be donating mystery snails and mts for the sand

All suggestions are welcome I have access to many different species
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Endlers or guppies maybe? I'm not used to stocking a small tank like that unless it's a betta .
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Galaxy Rasboras and shrimp!!!!!!!
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
        Endlers or guppies maybe? I'm not used to stocking a small tank like that unless it's a betta .
        Lol thank you Lori but no livebearers no where to take the excess unless all male guppies would work but ive read they can start to get aggressive and amorous with each other?

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
        Galaxy Rasboras and shrimp!!!!!!!
        They are one of the few fish I haven't found yet shrimp could work gouge as a bottom dweller
        Last edited by RogueAgent94; 03-23-2013, 03:46 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Comment

At the risk of sounding silly, I assume you've looked for Celestial pearl danios since they are the same.

Shrimp are great bottom dwellers imo, they add a different "personality" of life to the tank than the fish.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I know you're across the pond Sarah, but this guy has a great list of nano freshwater fish that you might want to keep an eye out for or ask at one of your LFS if they can get them ordered in: http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/sh...-tropical-fish Obviously not all of them are nano, but it gives you a great list to start and a lot of them are pretty colorful!

My vote? Pygmy cories!
            ~Erin
            10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

You Matt sound silly? Never and yes I have they are still as elusive as the scarlet pimpernel

I think shrimp would work really well as his son would enjoy them too I think.

How about male guppies only or is it a no go?

Comment

I saw pygmy cories in person for the first time the other day. I wanted to buy the whole tank. They are the most adorable things I have ever seen. I just might get some to keep Simon and Louie company in their 10 gallon tanks.
                __________________________________________________ __________
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I purposefully have no livebearer experience. Sorry Sarah!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Raerianna View Post
                    I know you're across the pond Sarah, but this guy has a great list of nano freshwater fish that you might want to keep an eye out for or ask at one of your LFS if they can get them ordered in: http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/sh...-tropical-fish Obviously not all of them are nano, but it gives you a great list to start and a lot of them are pretty colorful!

My vote? Pygmy cories!
                    Thank you for the link Rae

I too love Pygmy cories and nearly got them for my tank until I fell in love with the angels although they are troublesome lol.

They are definitely on the list as I can get wild caught corydoras hasbrosus

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                    I purposefully have no livebearer experience. Sorry Sarah!
                    Lol fish keeping is so much easier that way Matt
                    Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 03-12-2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: Merged posts/housekeeping

Comment

The male guppies will nip each others tails to tatters, or at least my boyfriend's did, so back to the lfs they went. Male endlers for whatever reason are being more peaceful with each other.
                      ~Erin
                      10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

What's wrong with shrimp and plants? I love the activity in my 3G shrimp tank.
                        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                        Socrates

Comment

Lol I think there will be shrimp but fish are required too

I'm thinking maybe ember tetras and some rcs maybe

Comment

Nice! No eels allowed in this house Anyways, diverting from topic: If you get the salt and pepper cories, just make sure you also don't get otos...you won't be able to tell them apart at a glance because of similar coloring!
                            ~Erin
                            10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Lol

I will report back what fish are options and then ask more questions lol when I had the tank it was stocked with endlers and my baby girl Liara RIP a neon blue dwarf gourami but they are scared of livebearer lol.

When you get the eel you know what is required

Comment

Working...
                              X