X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny feesh for my 20 long

Hello all,

Since my plans to get endlers has unfortunately fallen through, we need another tiny feesh for our 20 long. Current info:

20 long
    AC 50 (I think, I always get the numbers mixed up)
    Igor, the male dwarf gourami
    Two endlers
    Two bronze cory cats (will be getting four pandas, long story on the incomplete school)
    Many RCS
    Two nerites, one ninja MTS
    Lightly planted (water sprite, anubias nana, java ferns, rosette sword, dwarf sag, banana plant)

So, what do you think would look nice? Since we have mostly medium to big fish in the 55, we'd like Igor to be the clear centerpiece, with lots of little fishes swimming around.

Since we were planning on endlers, I thought about guppies, but I'd be afraid their big tails would be enticing to Igor to nip at. I'd rather not have fish shipped in, as I have a poor college student budget, so I may nix an idea based on availability. No offense of course

All ideas are welcome!

Neons or cardinals?
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I already have neons in the 55 Honestly I wouldn't mind them in there, but I can't imagine catching them. They used to be in the 20 but we moved them to the 55 (when we had more endlers) and it was a nightmare

Comment

Cpd
        Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

I'll have to see if my LFS has them; I know they've had them in the past but not lately. That's an idea, they're definitely tiny I wonder if they'd blend in to the black sand and background, though.

Comment

Galaxy rasbora
            When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Those are CPDs you silly goose

Comment

What about ember tetras? They are pretty tiny but full of color. I think they max out at 0.8" and are fairly active. Although I am not sure how easily they could become food since they are really small when they are younger (at least the ones that I have waiting at the LFS are tiny). Chili rasboras is the only other thought I have at the moment, and they get to be just over an inch long with more colors to them to stand out.

Comment

Glow light tetras are pretty especially when the light hits them my LFS had some gold neons last time I went which really stood out.

How about blue eyed rainbow fish they are so purty
                  Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Another suggestion: Psedomugil gertrudae aka spotted blue eye rainbow or Oryzias Woworae aka Rice fish.
                    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

January tetras are nice
                      When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
                        What about ember tetras? They are pretty tiny but full of color. I think they max out at 0.8" and are fairly active. Although I am not sure how easily they could become food since they are really small when they are younger (at least the ones that I have waiting at the LFS are tiny). Chili rasboras is the only other thought I have at the moment, and they get to be just over an inch long with more colors to them to stand out.
                        Ooooh chili rasboras are pretty. I think I wanted to get them originally, but couldn't find them! There was even only one seller on Aquabid with them.

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                        Glow light tetras are pretty especially when the light hits them my LFS had some gold neons last time I went which really stood out.

How about blue eyed rainbow fish they are so purty
                        Gold neons! That's fun! I think my LFS has black neons too, that might be interesting. Again though I wonder if they'd blend in though. Hmm I haven't heard of blue-eyed rainbows, I'll have to look into them

Originally posted by NorthStar View Post
                        Another suggestion: Psedomugil gertrudae aka spotted blue eye rainbow or Oryzias Woworae aka Rice fish.
                        Another vote for blue eye rainbows! I think I've heard of Rice fish but can't think of what they look like. I remember them being tiny though! I'll look into them too.

Originally posted by Al :D View Post
                        January tetras are nice
                        I've never heard of those! Are you just making them up (I kid, I kid) I'll look into those too

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Another idea I'm playing with is moving the platies over. I only have four left (three adults and one fry; one of the adults is actually a fry that grew up in the tank) so it wouldn't be very many fish, and they're also not very tiny, I know But it is a free option, and free is the best price. Also I think they might be the ones nipping Nubbins' tail (re my other thread) so that would solve that problem (since I've still been unable to catch Nubbins; I swear she's harder to catch than the neons were). I don't think they'd bother Igor since he's bigger than them, but I'd be afraid they'd go after the two remaining endlers. I tried putting them in the 10 gallon with Boris (the betta) but that didn't pan out so well I've never ONCE seen him flare - until he had endler friends in his tank It's really a shame, they looked SO nice under those lights, and it would have been nice to have more activity in that tank. Oh well. I digress I think the neons would look nice in there, but then I don't think there'd be enough in the 55 - just rainbows, a few platies, and my new arrivals.

Comment

Here is a picture of a Rice Fish..I'm tempted to get some

http://novataxa.blogspot.com/2011/07...-ricefish.html
                          Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

You could still move the platies and put the endlers in their old tank I can't remember what the tankmates would be sorry but if it helps Miss Nubbins then its worth thinking about
                            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

It looks like Seagrest Farms carries the boraras brigittae (chili rasbora), so you may be able to have your LFS order them in for you if they use them as a supplier. It helps a lot to curb the cost of shipping normally, but I guess that would depend on the markup the store does. The supplier in Chicago may have them in stock too. Just some thoughts .

Comment

Working...
                              X