X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zombiecat03
    started a topic stocking for 10 gal

stocking for 10 gal

What type of small fish could I put in my 10 to help with algae on plants? The snails will be in the new 10gal until the bigger tank is up and running.

• Matt B
    replied
    Yeah, lack of appetite is something I have yet to see in mine, I can see why that would make you hesitant.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    I under dosed but it made me wig especially when they wouldn't eat their breakfast. These monkeys would eat me given half a chance

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    Maybe not, I never do the "loading dose" which is way higher than maintenance dose. Maybe they didn't like it at that concentration, I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    I only used excel once and the next day the angels were acting really weird so I am too nervous to use it again. I'm probably just being my usual overprotective self

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    My snails aren't plant cleaners either, I must've got defective ones. If it gets annoying I just add the daily dose of excel spot treatment style, the anubias doesn't mind it but the algae definitely does.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    I've got algae all over my anubias it's very annoying I think I have got lazy nerite snails

Leave a comment:

• pirahnah3
    replied
    lol snail trails!

Leave a comment:

• kinezumi89
    replied
    No no, just eating the algae off of them. For some reason one anubias nana leaf is REALLY susceptible to algae in my 20L (the other leaves are fine), and it's fun to see little snail scrapey marks in the algae.

Leave a comment:

• pirahnah3
    replied
    are they eating the leaves or just the algae off them?

Leave a comment:

• kinezumi89
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean View Post
    Probably because anubias are known for algae growth
    That they are

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    Originally posted by kinezumi89 View Post
    I've found my nerites like anubias leaves too
    Probably because anubias are known for algae growth

Leave a comment:

• kinezumi89
    replied
    I've found my nerites like anubias leaves too

Leave a comment:

• pirahnah3
    replied
    That and an amano shrimp would really kick the algae out of the tank. The nerites prefer hard surfaces while the shrimp will go just about anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    I agree with Heather nerite will get along swimmingly!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X