This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restocking my ram tank

So Im finally looking to restocked my 36g ram tank. I'm looking for ideas to fill the tank back out. Currently the stock includes:
    1 gold ram
    1 blue ram
    2 German rams
    4 glo skirt tetras
    2 diamond head tetras (in QT)
    5 blue neon rasboras (in QT)

Id like fill out the diamond heads, maybe. I'm not adding another rasboras, the stock avail is easy to kill for no real reason. The 5 are survivors of 12. 5 died at introduction for no known reason (no mini cycle, no signs of illness), and I'm not willing to deal with trying to get healthy ones. The survivors can stay.....but they can hang with the tetras.

Id like to restocked the dwarf spotted cories the ick got, they were super fun and active. How many do you guys suggest?

I'm debating on more diamond head or finding a good top dweller. Before the ick there was a regular traffic jam in the tank with the cories and tetras and rasboras. Suggestions?

Is a pleco ok in a tank this size and warm? I'm thinking about a sailfin albino bristle nose (found a way reasonable price for them)

The tank usually runs at 80*, 7.0 ph

Thanks for ideas
    36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

I gotta get some EBR's tomorrow
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I love my electric blue. Shes a little shy, but she may have paired with my veiled German. They're acting awefully chummy.

What else do you have in the tank that you want to add a ram? I'm looking for ideas tgat are happy with higher like rams
      36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

I would increase the number of tetras.
        They do better with larger numbers.
        The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

I would put a pair in my angel, krib, loach, pleco, tetra tank

~Anthony

Comment

Which tetras?
            The glo skirts are a huge tetra (up to 2"), and Im pretty happy with where they're at. They school part of the day and pair off for afternoon adventuring. No odd hiding, really active and social.
            I'm trying to decide if I should up the diamonheads or return and replace them with something more top oriented to help with my last traffic jam problem

Comment

What is the footprint of the tank?
              I would be inclined to keep the diamonds, and possibly add to their number as mid water schooling fish will make the rams more comfortable.

Comment

I'd up the diamonds and I know you like the skirts where they are but seriously think of getting atleast one more... They are just a modified black skirt and I gotta tell you my 14 are really active now since I added the.babies today (random but petsmart near me started selling white skirts!!!! May finish filling out my tank with them )
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Comment

I'm worried that more glo skirts will encourage some of their bully behaviors. They pick at the little blue ram enough when her buddy isn't right there to tag team them

Comment

Nice tank, what's going over thee with the blue lighting? I can't make it out

~Anthony

Comment

There's a blue bubble wand behind the cave. The skirts glo everytime they swim thru

Comment

Originally posted by featherblue View Post
                          I'm worried that more glo skirts will encourage some of their bully behaviors. They pick at the little blue ram enough when her buddy isn't right there to tag team them
                          Skirts are like tiger Barbs... The more you have the.more they keep their evil ways between themselves... Most sites always recommended a minimum of 5 for that reason
                          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Good sized footprint for working with rams. I see no problems there

Comment

I love the lighting effect

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                              X