X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 gallon planted tank

Hello

As I have managed to talk Oliver into going to the fish shop aroo I am wondering if I can put anything in with Snot as he will be in there very temporarily and this is my last chance to go for a while.

I would love some Pygmy cories they are awesome but I don't want to put them in if there is a risk to them or snot.

He is going to be tried in the big tank and if he fails to behave he will be rehomed to a very experienced fish keeper.

Snot isn't that big so he shouldn't eat the pygmys he only goes after fish that are bigger than him the maniac

If I can add some how many? Maybe 8 or more?

Eventually there will be something else as a centrepiece fish I hope the little rascal behaves
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

My angels don't bother my cories at all but they are bigger ones, not the pygmies. I have 6 pygmies in a 10g tank so I think 8 would be ok in a 14.

Good luck. I hope Snot decides to play nice with the others so you can keep him.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thank you Lori

They didn't have any they're are getting some Friday but I did make a couple of purchases

Comment

And they were........?
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Hey just from experience...When I first got "rocky" she was a terror even killed the blue cobalt that I bought with her... I had to put her in time out and isolated several times in the course of a month THEN she finally stopped...
          It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
          As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

So it's worth trying him more than once?

For this tank I got two little munchers an L129 hypancistrus Colombian zebra
            L201 hypancistrus orinoco angel

When we move they will go into a bigger tank they only max out at 3 inches so they will be fine for now.

For the big tank I got the last eques cory they had which will bring the school up to 10 again
            Last edited by Magoo; 05-05-2013, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Yes... Angels are not dumb and when they obviously see they are in a great environment and acting like a jerk and you keep putting them in time out in a small environment where they can't really move, they start to realize that they are going to keep going back...

With mine I tried at first threaten Rocky with time out in the main tank... then scolded her in the timeout tank each time

6 hours in time out (didn't work)
              12 hours in time out (didn't work)
              1 day in time out (didn't work)
              4 days in time out (didn't work BUT This is where it began to realize because she tried to be sneaky about bullying)
              6 days in time out (didn't work BUT when I was going to take her out again to time out she put up one heck of a fight, hiding, darting around in the main tank)
              9 days in time out (IT WORKED) I would say HEY, YOUR GONNA GO BACK IN TIME OUT) she cut it out...

Now I have all my fishies getting along in the main tank.... and as you can see Rocky is one of the smallest Angels in my tank Yet she is one of my oldest Angels AND BRAVEST
              Last edited by RogueAgent94; 05-05-2013, 06:48 AM.

~Anthony

Comment

I have moved him eeeek I have posted some pictures of him and Smudge whilst he is acclimating its too cute I think she missed him

Comment

I'm glad you're giving it another shot Sarah. Imo, if they are fighting but not damaging eachother physically I would let it go on for a few days or so and see if they can work it out amongst themselves.
                  __________________________________________________ _____
                  Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                  110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Thank you Matt last time he was a complete monster he bit scales off Herschel and Monty and smudges tail was a right mess. Ill update on my other thread.

The new fish for this tank are in and are awesome I will try and get some photos later when they have settled in

Comment

Maybe because he is the "new kid on the block" he will be a bit more submissive to the others. Here's hoping, anyway.
                      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

He is back to being a Snot not as bad as before so things might calm down.

Comment

Well I woke up to find my two new guys both dead the woes of buying wild caught fish.

Sometimes this hobby can really get you down

Comment

Aww I'm sorry Sarah

Comment

Awwww I'm sorry sarah

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                              X