This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I add? :D

Alright, so my 60 gallon cichlid tank has a bit of an opening, so to speak. I recently rehomed my common pleco because he was getting picked on by my con and I knew he would eventually outgrow my tank. Lately I've been thinking about adding something else to the tank to keep the con a bit busier and out of my JD's way. She's rather aggressive and bothers him until he beats her up. She heals up in 2-3 days and goes right back to it again. After some changes to the tank tonight I think this problem should be dissolved a bit, but am still interested in adding something.

If I went with a Blood Parrot I would definitely be looking at getting one around 4 inches so it's larger than the convict and around the same size as the JD. As cute as the juvies are, it would just be murdered.

A Jewel is an option. Depends how aggressive it gets.

Feel free to make other suggestions besides what's in the poll. There might be something I'm not thinking of that would be a viable option.

Edit: Removed pull as it doesn't quite work how I imagined at first lol.
    -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Re: What should I add?

None of the above . Bottom dwellers might get picked on by the cichlids. I'd go for something like Festivums or an African Butterfly fish!
    -Jonathan

Comment

The African Butterfly Fish is bizarre. I like the Festivum, though. I'd just worry about it being considered a more "timid" cichlid. At least, that's what everything I can find says. Care to fill me in a bit on them?
      -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Festivums behave almost exactly like Angelfish. They are relatives I believe.

Butterflies are COOL! And they are a relative of Arowanas lol. Same attitude in a much smaller package lol.
        -Jonathan

Comment

I do love the colors of one such as this:

Found here: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/to ... m-cichlid/
          Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 03-12-2014, 01:29 PM. Reason: removed broken image
          -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

That is a very nice looking one. Don't forget to add credit for the picture .
            -Jonathan

Comment

Credit given! If I could find one like that....oooo! I think I'd only do one because I'd feel uncomfortable about space in the tank by doing more than that. Especially with the con's [sarcasm]lovely[/sarcasm] personality. Keeping my options open in case I can't find one similar. Those colors...so striking!
              -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Thank you.

How about a Red Devil? Or a Texas Cichlid?
                -Jonathan

Comment

Never been a big fan of either. I don't doubt they're capable of being beautiful as I have seen some. I've just never personally ran across any that I've liked.
                  -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

But you like a convicts personality? HUH?
                    -Jonathan

Comment

I should probably have put that in sarcasm quotes lol. She's - What was it you said about having a creative nickname for your vegetarian turtle?
                      -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Stupid? Deranged? Regressed? Devolve? I have a LONG list of vile names for that turtle lol.
                        -Jonathan

Comment

Mine aren't forum friendly lol. I'm trying to aim for something that's beautiful and not overly aggressive, but can hold it's own against a con.
                          -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Most of mine aren't either LOL.

How about a Honduran Red Point?
                            -Jonathan

Comment

Every search pulls up convicts. Finally narrowed it down. That festivum still has my heart, kinda like when I first saw a JD.
                              -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Working...
                              X