This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stocking a 26g bowfront

Alright so my 26g has just been home to 1 VT Betta and a group of red cherry shrimp and snails... now I am wanting to set it back up to its for or glory... so i have been thinking of pygmy cories (the lfs the town over has a tank full of them) any maybe an Angelfish (got a rain check on 4 angels for $2.50 each) but I am not sure... this betta is 100% friendly and has been housed with black neons, skirt tetras, albino cories, otos, anils, and shrimp... so I am comfertable mixing him with other fish... opinions and stocking ideas are welcome :-) (now to make a saltwater stocking thread )
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Corries might eat the smaller shrimp. The betta may be nice but I dunno how nice the angels will be to the betta. You might want to look into a single veiltail angel. How tall is the tank? You might not be able to get an angel at all.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Its a standard 26g BF 24 x 15 x 21
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Not sure I'd add angels. At most 26G could hold 1.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

Angel + Pygmy Cories= not a good idea= expensive meal.

An all Pygmy Cory and Cherry shrimp tank would awesome if heavily planted.

Comment

I just asked for a rain check on 4 because i would take one and the rest would be for my brothers 75g I know not to put all them in there at once xD
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

As long as you have the back up plan anything can be worth trying. you know the fish better than the rest of us. Pesonally I would leave the betta as the centerpiece and add around him or her.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

That's what I was thinking but I for sure want pygmy cories... maybe 10-12 but I am not sure what else... I like black neons but I am not too sure if I want to get another set I would like to try something new.... btw the betta in question is my avatar

How big do white cloud minnows get? If the tank is heavily planted would they be shrimp friendly enough? I can always move the shrip to a different shrimp only tank (may do that anyways and put that tank in my bathroom)
                Last edited by catsma_97504; 02-12-2013, 08:08 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use the Edit button instead of creating back to back posts.
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Yes. Pygmy Cories can be trusted with RCS

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Okay awesome :-) what about white cloud minnows? I want to try and stay with smaller fast fish...
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Still iffy on those. Kinda like danios. They won't bother any larger shrimp .
                      -Jonathan

Comment

well right now i am thinking 1 betta, 10 pygmy cries, 6-8 otos (or steal back the 6 I gave my brother ) and my snails... I may look into some tetras or barbs but I can't be sure yet... I would like to get my tank back to its former glory so i plan to pull everything out of it and start new with everything from plants to sand... I want to do the tank with white sand and maybe get a black background for it... difinatly dirt the tank... my betta biotopes done well dirted so that's my plan! Its pretty bare right now since i pulled most of the plants... btw I have a question about splitting red Lilly's seems mine has split off into 4 different plants...
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Sounds interesting. Might wanna add some kind of rasbora though.

Lilies will split on their own. No need to help them out lol.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Okay I am torn between harliquin and galaxy rasboras...
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I think the galaxy rasboras would look pretty cool
                              Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Working...
                              X