Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else cranking up for pond season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else cranking up for pond season?

Several of my hardy plants are starting to grow now.
    I have 2 in ground ponds ( 1000 gallons, 2500 gallons), 2x 1000 gallon cattle waterng troughs, and about another 2-3 thousand gallons in smaller cattle troughs and kiddy pools.
    I keep some with hardy fish, but others are used later in the year to breed/grow out fish.

I will get some pics up soon!
    The old that is strong, does not wither.

Wicked lol... I'm getting ready for Kappas 300g pond!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I threw some food in the pond yesterday and saw a couple fish picking at it. I was surprised to see that most of my shubunkin fry survived the winter!

Comment

Oh cool! Congrats on the.surviving fry! Pictures are now required lol
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

A pond is something I have only dreamed about. But one day.....

Would love to see pictures of your setup.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Are you sure those aren't swimming pools Dino?
            I can't wait to see pictures what fish do they house?
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Want to see pictures of everybody's ponds. With all the water in our backyard, I have been told that an outdoor pond is out of the question . I told him it would be great for drainage but he's having none of it. We shall see .
              __________________________________________________ __________
              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I have a 300g in ground and my goldies woke up a month or so ago, my lillies are sending up pads but haven't broken the surface yet. Everyone is eating and I think I am going to put some WCMM in there this spring and see how they do. I am interested to see if they can live out the winter in it especially.
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Wish I could be this year but hopefully in another year or two I will have a nice setup happening.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
                    Want to see pictures of everybody's ponds. With all the water in our backyard, I have been told that an outdoor pond is out of the question . I told him it would be great for drainage but he's having none of it. We shall see .
                    I would word it as at least it's not another tank in the house and just think how it will benefit the local wild life and how relaxing it will be to sit out and watch the fish and everyone else it will attract

Comment

Unfortunately after 20 plus years he has grown wise to most of my tricks.
                      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

How about saying that you are digging a veggie patch but "accidentally" go too deep and as you have already started you may as well keep going for a pond

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                          How about saying that you are digging a veggie patch but "accidentally" go too deep and as you have already started you may as well keep going for a pond
                          he is Just a little smarter than that. Besides then I would actually produce veggies.
                          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Lol Oliver would just come back and find a pond dug I can get away with it just because I do all the cooking and housework and laundry so me going on strike would be really bad for him

Comment

Ok so here ya go....

You get the pond as the source for your outdoor Aquaponics project, therefore your recycling as your using the water from the pond to grow vegetables to feed the family which in turn saves money on the grocery bill and keeps more money in the pocket? Oh and he can put a fire pit out there to so you can sit by the fire and have the soothing sounds of a waterfall.
                              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X