Momo Botan Lotus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momo Botan Lotus

Just wondering if anyone tried growing this particular lotus before? I've tried growing from seed before but it didn't grow and this year I am thinking of cheating and buying the tuber.

I do know how evasive this lotus can be and i've decided to make a bigger pond and not put any fish.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

I've grown them . Loved those guys. They aren't the most pond friendly lotus but they look great. I usually grew them in large barrels. I almost always use tubers to grow them. Seeds didn't work so great for me either. I usually got about 2 or 3 grow out of every 10 I tried.
    -Jonathan

Comment

I thought about the wine barrel

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwBA&dur=302
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Yep, that's what they did in my barrels. Mine might have been slightly bigger but I can't really tell. In that picture you can see one of the reasons they're not extremely pond friendly plants. They tend to shade everything around them by growing out of the water or growing over other things.
        -Jonathan

Comment

oh that looks cool! I think it would look awesome in the middle of the water fall I'm planning.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
          X