My Pond in the spring :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pond in the spring :)

Well, its springtime and the fishies are awake as well as the plants, mostly lillies with occasional clippings I throw in. This pond is approximately 300G and houses 5 goldies (common and comet) and a mess of White Clouds. Its unheated and the fish winter over in place, with daddy breaking ice for them.

Goals this year include:
    Installing some kind of stone border around the rim
    Building a waterfall for the filter outlet
    Getting a scarecrow sprinkler to keep herons away.

The goldies were being shy, these are the best I could get for now

I got this lilly plant this year and it has went nuts putting out new pads, the larger ones that were already on it are bigger than 6 inches.

While I was out there I saw this little spider having a snack.

__________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Very, very nice. I think I have almost talked Doug into a pond. But I have to move slowly .
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Looks great!
      The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Beautiful Matt!

Comment

Nice pond.
          Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Beautiful set up Matt creepy spider though
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Thanks guys Go for it Lori, ime they take very little maintenance compared to an aquarium so that may make it more palatable to him.

If you think that guy is creepy Sarah you should see these ones that sit on top of the fountain and trail these two reeaallly long legs in the water coming out of it. Pretty cool to look at but very creepy!

And NS, I see your penchant for overstating is as intact as ever.
              Last edited by Matt B; 05-05-2013, 08:34 AM.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Great set up. Glad your fish made it through the winter.
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

Oh wow I love the shape! Where did you get that?
                  It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                  As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Looks great! I've got to weed out my population and decide which ones are my absolute favorite. The others will go to a friend... I've got 16 goldfish between the two ponds and the two goldfish tanks! I'd so love to have a large pond like that. Perhaps if we move i can use a small above ground pool! 800 gallons here I come!

I too love that shape!

Comment

Thanks Dena The big one I lost was due to my error, I was happy to see the rest of them make it through and know I won't let it happen again.

LOL I call it a figure 8 that got in a car accident Anthony It was here when we bought the house but I have seen them at out local Aquarium/Feed store/Pond supply place.

Eta: Akari you need this thing far more than I do! It would be awesome if you get do to a huge one if you move. Too bad we aren't closer we could send our goldies to eachothers ponds to go on vacation.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I totally do LOL The good news is, a vast majority of my fish are all still 4 inches and less (mostly less), and I know that they need to be delt with, and I'm already planning what I'm going to do. It's not I'm some newbie that's like "oooooh pretty fish!" every week and buys it just because and doesn't think about their actions XD

Haha, fish vacations. We should market this! It's like doggy day camp.... Lol

How big are your guys, now?

Comment

Thankfully they slow down alot at that size, probably helps contribute to your "just one more" style

Exactly! I'm not super proud of this but when I was younger I had a dog that was very "game" the term used in dog fighting for utterly fearless and KNOWS he's boss. To be clear, I didn't and never will fight dogs but I got him from a pool of fighting dogs (I was into shady stuff and people when I was a kid okay!) My buddies would bring their meek dogs over to "play" being as rough as he was, playing was VERY physical and usually the dogs would leave much more confident in engaging in physical play and it appeared in themselves as well.

The commons are still pretty small, I would say 6 ish inches, the comet is a bit bigger and with its tail about 9-10"
                          Last edited by Matt B; 05-05-2013, 11:22 AM.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

How deep is this pond?
                            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

It averages about 18" but the bottom isn't flat it tapers gently toward the center.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                              X