Kappa's pond from start to never ending finish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kappa's pond from start to never ending finish

Okay so Kappa my red ear slider will be moving to a pond in the spring however i am looking into buying a pond as mom won't let me dig so it has to be performed... on craigslist I just found this listing for a pond for $40... from the looks of that picture I will have to clean it really good... can anyone tell from the picture its size? I emailed them already asking but just wanted opinions first...

P.S. yes Kappa will be wintered indoors so please lets not go into that topic as its all people seem to focus on when i talk about this...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

What you do is measure the pond two different times. The first time, you measure the top section, and the the second time the bottom section. Then you enter the measurements into a volume calculator and add them together. To be on the safe side, round down, not up

Comment

Oh the pond isn't in my possesion yet.... but i will indeed pass that to him.... I am hoping its at least 100g... would be perfect for Kappa!

Helps if i post the link... lol
      http://mattoon.craigslist.org/for/3523050938.html
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

That's not very large. Less than 100 I'd say.

Comment

Well right now i am going to stick with the 10g/inch rule with my turtle she is 4.5inches now so if the pond is at least 50g then it will be fine for this year and I can upgrade next spring to a 100-120g
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Sounds like a good plan

Comment

He emailed me back he.thinks its a 75g... i asked him if he could mesure it and tell me for sure...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

That looks like the 80g ponds I was looking at in Home Depot the other day.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Maybe it is an 80... idk but i still want it
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I was wondering if I put a canistar filter made for an indoor tank in a plastic/metal trash can could i use it for the pond outside and when it starts getting cold out move the canistar indoors with Kappa and her pond mates? Also I don't have the skill to do a DIY filter so i will have to use a canister or buy an actual pond filter but then I would still need to buy a canister for the inddor tank...
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

It should work. Just make sure the seal the trashcan well in case of rain. You might have a tough time getting it to start up but once it is going I don't think you'll have any problems.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Awesome :-) I was thinking of buying one of those Rubbermaid cans that have the snap on lids and maybe finding some waterproof duct tape and taping the lid closed and doing the same with drilled holes for the cords...
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I don't think one of those will be tall enough for a canister.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

I think if you buy a 30gal can it would be big enough

HOWEVER

lets work on improving your DIY ability. Feel free to get in touch with me and we can talk I understand filtration and what goes on more than most would care to think of. You can make one and it REALLY is that simple, trust me.

If you want to start with the canister and trash can for now go for it, and we can turn that trash can INTO your filtration unit.
                            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Emphasis on simple . Building your own filter is very easy and pretty fun. PLUS you could take pictures and make a DIY thread here.
                              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X