Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever keep a marble crayfish before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever keep a marble crayfish before?

I've read these guys are asexual reproducers and good turtle food and food for carnivorous fish (like Oscars and such) so I want one lol... found one for 3.50 on aqua bid but I don't want to buy it without having a proper home for it to make babies in... so I am wondering what its tank requirements are... and is it a plant eater. I like plants in my tanks and not fake ones... so yeah any help would be great! Would it be betta friendly as well?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

If it is anything like the other crayfish I have kept over the years, I doubt it is ANY fish friendly.
    Just about all I have kept, had to be kept with no rooted plants as well.
    The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

I agree. Not very fish friendly and not plant friendly.
      -Jonathan

Comment

I've had them before and I didn't really like them. They were surprisingly messy in my tank.

I got mine from Holly on Aquabid (HCA aquatics?) for only a dollar. I think it was 3 that came in the box.

Comment

Hmm... I'll have to think on it... I know I want a crayfish as I've never had one before... Guess I'll have to do more research thanks
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I feel another tank coming on
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

The only crayfish that I have found to be safe with fish are the CPO's.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

+1. I've only ever attempted to keep CPOs with most fish. Other types of larger crays get along with most barbs and danios but I expect them to eat one or two fish a month.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Get one of those super awesome blue lobster things

Comment

The only crayfish I've kept were a group of red swamp crayfish in a pond growing up. The only thing in the pond with them were wild guppies. I was scared to put my hand in that the pond.
                    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Working...
                    X