Bamboo shrimp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bamboo shrimp?

So I head over to my brother's house and James (Matthews boyfriend) shows me his new shrimp (his aquatic loves is like mine... Inverts!!!) And he shows me a bamboo shrimp or what I believe is a bamboo shrimp... This shrimp is in his 3g with a betta, ghost shrimp, albino Cory and an oto... I told him what I knew of those shrimp and told him if he moves it to the 65g of my brother's ill give him some blue jellies for that tank...anyways I just want to be sure I got the shrimp I'd right... So below are some bad pics of it... Btw he paid 2.99 for it and I'm thinking of buying one myself lol...

There is only one what you see if a reflection...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

That doesn't look like my Bamboo shrimp... I've never seen them that translucent. I know they have the ability to change color, but the arms up front look too thick for them to be fans...

It looks more like a vampire shrimp to me.

Comment

Hmmm never heard of those...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Here's the profile on Vampire Shrimp -

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Bug,%20Vampire%20Shrimp.htm

It's also a filter shrimp.

Comment

I agree, it looks more like a vampire shrimp
          Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

I also say it's a Vamp. They're awesome but not as friendly as Bamboos IME. More reclusive and often don't get along with Bamboos. But, like Bamboos, they like the company of their own kind. Not too many though. Three is the perfect number.
            -Jonathan

Comment

Agreed, my three Bamboos seem to be more visible and out in the open than when I had only one in my old 40 Gallon breeder. I can't say anything about Vampires as I've never had them or even seen one in person before.

From what I understand, their care's pretty much the same as a Bamboo. Hopefully your brother will enjoy it.

Comment

Yeah he doesn't have enough cash to buy the 2nd one they have at the store so I'm going to buy him tomorrow...
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I agree def not looking like a bamboo shrimp.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Yeah I had never seen a bamboo in person so the shape was kinda the same... Regardless Mr. V is wicked looking and I want him but James would never give him to me lol...
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
                    X