Moving large amounts of shrimp at once

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving large amounts of shrimp at once

So I am transferring all my blue jellies from my 2.5g to a 5g and I'm just now realizing how many I have... I'm trying to keep as much water seperate as possible... So how in the world do I go about moving all different sizes of shrimp at once or as closes to once as possible...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I would set the 2.5 gallon in the 5 and tip it over, perhaps spooking out the inhabitants if need be. Do you need me to take some off your hands?

Comment

The above would be how I would do it. After removing any substrate, decorations, ect. first.
      The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

problem is that doesnt keep any water seperate from the new tank.

What I might do is to do the same over a net in a 5gal bucket, anything you miss would be in the bucket and netable after.

You could always just take everything out of the tank and keep stiring it up with a pair of nets, youll get them all eventualy.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Best of luck moving them. I know how difficult it was to move my RCS. I removed decor, had no substrate to worry about and drained the tank down to about 1 inch of water. Made it very easy to net them for the transfer.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

I'll mix Jim's idea with the net and a 5g bucket and deans drain to 1 inch should get them all that way thanks guys!
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I like traps. I use a little mason jar with a wide mouth. Just set it on its side, food all the way to the back of the jar, slip the lid on when there's lots in it. Wont get them all at once, but no jumoers making life difficult either
              36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Well I caught about 50 of them :-). I did that jar trick to see if I can catch any tiny ones... I'll leave it in tonight and go from there in the morning... thanks guys for the help!
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Glad you were able to get a bunch of them.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X