the many colors of the neocaridina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the many colors of the neocaridina

Alright so i am goin to be starting a breeding project involving ALL the Neo color morphs if i can find sellers for them :-) I am not really doing this to sell them but in the end i know I will so yeah fun haha

Anyways here is the link to all the Neo color morphs given to me by AmazonPassion on a different forum...
    http://www.naturebrain.com/en/shrimp...:uncategorised

I already own 2 of the many morphs... right now i will be sticking to the solid colors the rillis I will wait a bit before adding to the stock pile lol... oh and the colors i currently have are red and blue (my oranges died in a temp fluctuation a few months back..)

Now how this will work is everyone will start in 2.5-3g tanks and will upgrade to 5gs when the groups get larger I will also keep and breed snails along side each morph and attempt to match their colors with the snails... the blues are kinda stuck with the snails in their tank right now since this idea can after they were added...

So here's the run down for tanks
    Red, pure red rams
    Blues, rams, pond snails, MTS
    Orange, orange rams
    Yellow, assassin snails, random ramshorns
    Green, FTS?
    Chocolate, unknown snail (ideas)
    White, snail unknown(ideas)
    Black, pond snails

That's it that I can think of right now... so what your thoughts on this idea? Obviously it won't all be done tomorrow but in steps all will try to be heavily planted as well with low-moderate light plants... lighting maybe marineland LEDs as desklamps I Ave learned cause burning in the floating plants...

Figured out what the blues are missing in their tank... some kind of driftwood... so I went to eBay I just bought some... I think they are the perfect size (and price just one of those at my lfs is 5.99) going to attach that wayward anubias eye to it...
    Here's the auction I just won :-)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scrap-Cholla...item2ec6a3d382
    Last edited by RogueAgent94; 02-27-2013, 06:38 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Wow that looks cool! I would love to order that stump they have for sale!!! Just wish it wasnt over $30 to get it to me...
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

The wood or the shrimp idea as a whole... Cuz I gotta say I like it all lol
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Oh I agree, but I was reffering more to the wood in that post. The idea is really cool. Ill have to talk to you after you get some good growth lol.
        -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Yeah she had a couple pieces listed I would love to have but I won't pay the prices for... wish I lived in Arizona lol would be awesome to collect it myself!

Yeah when i get a bunch of colors I don't mind sharing with everyone here ;D

Which brings me to I uess ZeeZ had a failed experament(sp) with breeding 2 colors and got wild type colors... I am going to see if he still wants to sell them if so I am going to get them :-)
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Yeah def some cool stuff and while not expensive I would rather spend the money on fish lol.
            -Jim-

Comment

Haha agreed
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

If you have success breeding your shrimp, I would definitely be interested in purchasing some from you. I have been thinking about starting a shrimp tank, but need to do my homework first. Some of the ones in your link are so cool looking.
                __________________________________________________ __________
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
                  If you have success breeding your shrimp, I would definitely be interested in purchasing some from you. I have been thinking about starting a shrimp tank, but need to do my homework first. Some of the ones in your link are so cool looking.
                  That is how it all starts with the shrimp addiction. You buy one color and then you keep wanting other colors.

Comment

Yeah a couple of the shrimp colors on that list shocked me... Though it's missing snowball shrimp...

And like cj said once you get one you want them all lol...
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I am bad about waiting til I am prepared to do something... just bought 10 wild types from ZeeZ... I say I am bad because I don't have a tank setup for them... woops... I have a container that's as long as a 3g but half as tall... should hold them just fine for a week or so until i get their tank cycled (know getting a double sponge filter for my betta was an awesome idea :-) )
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I'd wait personally.

I'm more than happy with just one strain of Neos lol. I just have to figure out which one I should try now.
                        -Jonathan

Comment

You only like multiple shrimp tanks right now because they're still easy to clean....just wait til there's a sea of tiny shrimp to work around every water change
                          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Lol got that covered with a cover for the hose :-) so no trying to scare me from this haha...

Oh and I did a rescape for the blues... its not awesome but I pulled the dead things from the attempted rescue and i also pruned the lily :-)
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130228_231059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	137667

Where you see it now is inside one of the 3 cabnits in the new stand going to fill the rest of the tanks tonight and look into ordering some new plants for both the 26g and the 40g...
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Any idea how long it will tank to sink cholla wood? Just got my order in today!!! I had forgotten I had ordered it until dad asked if I ordered any plants lol...
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130306_202510.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	137704
                              Last edited by Sean; 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM.
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
                              X