Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

red cherry molting and her eggs with it...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red cherry molting and her eggs with it...

So my reds are molting in the 1g vase which I view as good since it means they like it but one of my females jolted and 4 of her eggs went with the molt anyone have a clue why it happened? She is close to popping babies as the eggs all have black eyes... I'm planning to move them all to a 5g critter keeper until I have the shelving system setup that I want done... I don't want to lose any more eggs than nessasry though... so anything I should be careful off?

I'll need to check the params though...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I have not experienced this. Females usually mate just after a molt; but I would expect existing eggs to have hatched and been released by the time the next molt occurs.

Hope you can figure it out!
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

Thanks :/ I have no idea why she did that... I'll grab some photos before I go an move the shrimp... I find it odd as ive never heard of that happening before myself.... though I will say I am happy to note I have a huge population of pond snails in there... no idea why they are doin better in the small tank then the 10g I pulled the plants from with he eggs...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

You can try to hatch the eggs she dropped. They need an egg tumbler. I made one with some airline tubing, an air valve, a larger tube section, some nylons, and littke suctionncup clips to hold the parts in place. The eggs need constant gentke movement to prevent fungus growth.

Dropped eggs during a molt can happen for a number of reasons. Young females drop eggs throught their first few pregnancies, this is attributed to being new for the most part. Guess that juggling act does take some skill. They also drop eggs that aren't developing correctly. Toss any that turn white or funny colored.
        36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Working...
        X