Driftwood with Assassin snails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driftwood with Assassin snails

I picked a driftwood and in the nook and crannies were Assassin snails. Who says they don't breed like pond snails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361498542727.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	141580

This pic was just one section. I accidentally dropped it and tons fell off.

How the heck are you doing it?I have a large breeding group hundreds of eggs and i have only seen 1 baby since I started last September...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

One of my assassins got eaten by the others despite the assortment of MTS. So far no babies spotted lol.
      -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

I tried to get some assassins one time from Zeez, but they didn't make it through shipment. I might be calling on you when my ramshorn population gets out of control!

Comment

I have tons of Assassins now. I don't know how to be honest. I only wanted one Assassin snail but the guy who gave me the snails said they don't breed as much. I have Assassins of all sizes too.

Comment

You know you could sell them and make some money off your over population.... what kind of snail was you trying to be rid of? All info could help me breed mine ;D
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Wow to have THAT problem!
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                You know you could sell them and make some money off your over population.... what kind of snail was you trying to be rid of? All info could help me breed mine ;D
                I had pond snails and now I've been dropping pond snails and mts in this tank from my other tanks.

I thought about counting them off of the driftwood and they love being in the shrimp condos that I made (PVC pipes). One of the shrimp condo had 9 Assassin snails in it.

Comment

Ah okay! I need to buy/find a large stock of rams and ponds then... mine aren't breeding fast enough to supply the assassin with food.... i literally have millions of MTS and I think they eat them only because they have too... maybe I'll get more babies from a different snail food...
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

easy way to be rid of the snails haha.
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                      Ah okay! I need to buy/find a large stock of rams and ponds then... mine aren't breeding fast enough to supply the assassin with food.... i literally have millions of MTS and I think they eat them only because they have too... maybe I'll get more babies from a different snail food...
                      Mine prefers to eat the MTS over the pond snails. Easy prey.

Comment

Uhg lucky haha... though I don't know why mine won't eat them... I figured the same thing... easy prey lots of eggs lots of babies... no luck :/
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Very nice! If I could keep snails in my water I'd totally be asking you for some. So far I only have ONE snail that is doing well and that's a little blue ramshorn.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

I think I actually found out why one of my assassins was found empty shelled. It was the most active and crawled on the glass, no doubt attracting my JD's attention. Earlier I dropped a large bladder snail into the tank to see what would happen. My JD sucked it out of the shell like kirby.

He's hoping my remaining 4 breed like mad. I would love that many assassins lol.
                            -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

WOW that's awesome! And they're so big too! I always forget to move snails over for mine, though no doubt they're finding sunken NLS pellets too. Maybe mine would grow as fast if I remembered to feed them

Comment

Working...
                              X