Mystery noob needs clutch advice :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt B
    started a topic Mystery noob needs clutch advice :)

Mystery noob needs clutch advice :)

Hi all, This clutch is between 1-2 weeks old, I found it during wc last week so it could have been there up to a week prior to me finding it. When I pulled it off of the intake a little crushing happened and there was goo in them so they aren't totally dry but on the outside are as dry as a bone. I'm not sure if I should just leave them or what, here's a picture:

• RogueAgent94
    replied
    No need to try to stop 'em. It's pointless lol. They will run out of steam in a couple months.

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    I think from now on I'll just leave them where they are and see what happens. It's becoming apparent I won't have a shortage of them so I kinda want to put the brakes on early, though it may already be late.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    I have to remove any I find now with the uncertainty of where they will all go but you have a plan so congratulations your tank is going to be snail central lol

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    Just found another clutch during wc on the 55g, it looks like fish got to half of it. Thank god for my lfs needing them, and a sister with tanks

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    Thats a good idea Sarah As long as she see's some inflow to go along with the constant outflow my life will become much easier

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    You could consider the payment as donations towards buying something sparkly for your lovely wife in the long term goal of getting another tank. MTS is an illness my friend and we need all the help we can get all charitable donations accepted

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    While its true I will get to enjoy watching them grow and develope to a point (about marble size), I won't exactly be "adopting" them out out, they will pay me for them so much less philanthropy is involved.

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    That's excellent news Matt you get to enjoy watching them grow and develop colours and then adopt them out

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    I've found homes for them at my LFS. That and my sisters tanks

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    I hope you can find them all homes I've found a few homes for some of mine but still a work in progress

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    Jon- Yeah, its entirely empty. After awhile I kinda waved it around under water and the rest fell out with a little help, when my daughter gets up in an hour or two I'll get to check on them

Thanks Sarah I have a sister with a couple tanks and a few buddies, also my LFS has NO mysteries! I'm going to try to sell them some when they're grape sized or so I think

Leave a comment:

• Magoo
    replied
    Congratulation you're officially a snail grandpa baby snails are the cutest and its so fun to watch them grow I'm still enjoying mine even if I still haven't found them all homes yet

Leave a comment:

• RogueAgent94
    replied
    Excellent! Is the clutch empty?

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    Thanks! I was going to leave them for the night!

Edir: They're all out, looks like 50 or so I guess, I dropped a piece of zuchinni in the middle of them and shut out the lights.
    Last edited by Matt B; 03-12-2013, 08:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X