Not Sure..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Sure..

I found a different type of snail in my 55g today. It's got a reddish tightly curled shell with a broad opening for the foot and long antenna (like a typical cartoon snail). Any idea? I'd take a pic, but it's honestly too small.
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Ramshorn probably .
    -Jonathan

Comment

Does the shell spiral? If so rogues right
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

That would be my guess also.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

It does spiral, not spiral out in a point like the others. I was thinking ramshorn too, but wanted some more opinions. I put it in the 29g hidden on my giant fake vine so Benny won't eat it.
          ~Erin
          10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Update: Just found another ramshorn and I spotted what I believe is a clutch, likely of the pond/bladder snails I have. It's clear with tiny little white dots and sitting on one of my vals. I'm still not sure how they're surviving. The tank has extremely high nitrites due to cycling and has no food source except for the plants.
            ~Erin
            10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

They are probably eating the micro algaes off the plants and tank walls... And snails are hardy little dudes I know it's bad but I usually start a cycle with mystery snails... (And prime) never had one die on me from that...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Snails are very tought little buggers, thought I had eradicated them all from my 10gal when I overdosed my fertalizers by accident and caused some issues, but none the less they are back in full force.
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                X