Mysterys in a bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Mysterys in a bag

Hello just a quick question I am rehoming Humphrey and Dimple today I was wondering how long they will be ok in a fish bag for as we are dropping them off whilst out and about? I dot want to hurt them but they may be in there for a while and was wondering how long they will be ok for?

Would 6-8 hours be too long?

Thank you for looking
    Last edited by Magoo; 03-24-2013, 04:38 AM.
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

First off, I bet you know better than me Imo as long as they are kept moist and not subjected to really high/low temps they will be fine.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

They have got plenty of water and some frogbit to munch on at least it will alleviate the snail population a little

Comment

I'm glad you found some homes Sarah These little guys grow so fast! The ones I have that hatched a week ago have like tripled in size!

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Lol these are two adults I am trying to rehome those first so I can keep the babies for a bit longer till the LFS sorts out if they can take them or not.

I removed another clutch this morning and I missed another that I suspect the snails knocked off the babies were finishing off eating it this morning. Circle of life and all I suppose

Comment

Yep, I remember how magical it was and how gentle I was with the first clutch I found. Not so anymore! lol!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Lol tell me about it when I removed one of the males from the big tank he was just about to say hello to Bong

I do still love my babies but there are so many thankfully I have a spare 6 gallon that I am using as a grow out

Comment

Luckily for you they move as fast as a snail

I am loving watching mine grow too, I have them in Max's tank and they are doing well, sharing space with mts and enduring the occasionally investigatory nip from Max

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I wouldn't put them in a bag of water personally. Wrap them up in damp paper towels and put them in a bag. Much easier and stress free to move them around like that. But either way, as long as they have air they should be fine for hours.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Lol I think Bong deserves a break I then had to rescue Bing and Slug from Severus as they were approaching the mouth of his cave and he was trying to push them away with his tail but he was pulling them further in instead so mummy to the rescue lol.

Monty and Herschel nip at the babies but not too much and if I catch them they get a good telling off which generally makes no difference those unruly kids

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                      I wouldn't put them in a bag of water personally. Wrap them up in damp paper towels and put them in a bag. Much easier and stress free to move them around like that. But either way, as long as they have air they should be fine for hours.
                      Oops they are already in a bag of water but they have plenty of air and when we get back I will open the bag so they can get as much as they need. I didn't want them to go wandering without supervision

Comment

Haha!! What happens in the middle of the night? Do you go out to make sure they aren't in danger? You crack me up Sarah!!!!

Jon is right imo, that would kinda suck if they drowned on the way.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                        X