Mystery snail resiliency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery snail resiliency

So this morning I was thinking I hadn't seen my purple mystery Prince in 3 days and normally they are all over, the others were still accounted for so I got to looking. She had climbed out and fallen behind the tank!!

When I fished her out she was opening up and so far back I couldn't see her except for the silhouette in her shell, maybe 3/8" of dark stuff at the bottom. Her shell felt dry and brittle but when I turned her over some water came out so I figured what the heck and tossed her in the tank.

Awhile later I saw mts getting in her trapdoor and figured she was dead, she rehydrated and was kinda hanging open. I just poked at her and she closed her trap door!!! Her body had reduced to like 10% or less of what it was! Insane!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Hope she pulls through!

Comment

me too
      When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Yikes! Sounds like she a tough little snail. Howfully she makes it back to her normal self.

Comment

Ummmmmm, she's eating now. I guess she'll be okay.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Yeah mystery are amazing! Mine was the same story only she fell and cracked her shell I found her a few days later crawling over my Landry basket she still is alive but a horrible reminder to keep a better watch for them... Glad you found her though
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
            2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
            1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
            40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I can't believe it! I expected her to go rest or something at least! Right after I posted she just came out and started eating like nothing ever happened.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

well wouldnt you be hungry after starving for a day or more.
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Glad to hear she is alright. That's amazing.
                  Christine

Comment

Glad to hear it sounds like she will be fine
                    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Glad she's recovering. But you realize that she was probably looking for a place to lay eggs. Maybe lower the water level slightly to give her space at the top of the tank to lay her eggs?
                      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                      Socrates

Comment

I thought that Dena but she went right past the spot they've used before on the intake and kept on going. I'll lower it for a few days but thats it! I hate seeing the waterline!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                        X