Assassin Snails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin Snails

I originally got 2 adult assassin snail and told the guy I just wanted one. He assured me that they are hard to breed. A couple weeks later both adult assassin snails died. Then I notice one small assassin snail then another....fast forward....11 juvenile assassin snails. The good news is that I have been seeing empty pond snail shells on my substrate.

Re: Assassin Snails

well thats good, glad the little buggers are doing thier job.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

How fast do pond snails reproduce? my friend gave me her 10G and it had about 20 of them after the cleaning Its down to about ten of them. I'm pretty sure they are pond snails they are really super small and brown,
      Matt

Comment

I don't know what the rate of reproduction, but pretty fast. I think as long as you don't over feed your fish your pond snail population with be kept in check.

Comment

yeah as AP said they do pretty good at keeping themselves in check. I kinda like them in my smaller tanks, lets me know when im over feeding.

Thou I do need some assasins.....
          -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Snails are a great indicator to the tank health. Overfeeding or lacking on maintenance the population grows. Maintain everything in balance and you will rarely see the snails.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

My powerhead eats snails for me.
              -Jonathan

Comment

well its good to know cause I rarely see the MTS that hitched a ride on a horn wort, in my 25G planted tank. good to know that is his digging around in the 50/50 mix of black gravel and sand mixing it up a bit.
                Matt

Comment

want to find them, put sinking food into the tank after a day or two, they will come out like zombies lol
                  -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                  X