Assassin + Nerites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin + Nerites?

Does anyone know if the assassin would go after the nerites? I'd like to put them from my 29g into Dustin's 20g to help with his freshwater CUC, but he's got my pest snail control in there as well.
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

I definitely wouldn't risk it. I hear that assassins only go after larger snails if A) they're very hungry and don't have anything else to eat and B) there's a group so they can gang up on the larger snail. But I put in two big ramshorns (marble size) and they were both gone in a few days.

Comment

Nope... I have my assassins with my mysteries but that's only because the hord.of mts in there other wise I'd never risk it... Nerites are.in much bigger danger so I wouldn't do it...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Alright, wasn't sure if a smaller killer would go after something bigger than itself as my larger ramshorns seemed to fair well (maybe I have a lazy snail? lol). He does have otos and the loach, so he should be somewhat okay on the algae clean up crew.
        ~Erin
        10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

I agree unless you have a simple supply of pond or MTS or bladder I wouldnt risk it.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
          X