Snail traps work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snail traps work

So I decided to starve my bottom feeders for a few.days so I could test a snail traps efficiency... Gotta say 30 mins in and its cause quite a few.already... I used one of the condiment dispensers that some hot dog stands use I just cut.the tip a bit so larger snails can get in but not the endlers... I put 3 algae wafers in it and a pinch of fish food flakes... I'll get some pictures up in a few
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

That is cool! So did you invert the spout so its protruding into the bottle or does it work sticking out the right way?
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

It's currently sticking out the correct way... There's no way to invert the cap that I can see
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I guess if they end up just coming back out it may work to cut the tapered end off at the base and either jam it in backwards or silicone it that way.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
          I guess if they end up just coming back out it may work to cut the tapered end off at the base and either jam it in backwards or silicone it that way.
          I didn't think of that... Great idea!

I'm not worried about catching all of them just want to get my 2g setup to breed these guys
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Thanks

Ah, Gotcha. I should've known you would never be out to remove ALL snails from any tank!!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
              Thanks

Ah, Gotcha. I should've known you would never be out to remove ALL snails from any tank!!
              Lol you know me so well but I'd like to perfect this so people who aren't hardcore snails lover like me can use it as well and rid themselves of their snail issues...

Once I perfect it I'll make 3 for my brother's tanks as he is loaded with mts and can't get rid of them... We've tried everything but Loaches... My assassins didn't even work at all in his tank... They all died of unknown reasons...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Thats good of you, there are so many floating around out there but the fact you used the condiment bottle is what sets it apart for me. It seems cool you can basically customise it for species by trimming more or less off of the tip. Neat.

I have your brothers problem in reverse!! I have been trying for a couple months to establish mts in my 65g but the loaches are too good at eating them, I must've put in at least 3-400 by now.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

XD I'm sorry... Maybe try to setup and establish colony in a different loach free tank and just dump a large group in every few weeks or so for them... A critter keeper would make a good home for them... I'd add a small heater and that's it... Feed an algae wafer every few days to encourage breeding (it's all I do) and water changes once a week or every two weeks...
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I am using my 55g as the source, I've been dumping in groups of 50-60 every couple of weeks when I have enough. Maybe I should save up like 200 and then dump?

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                    X