Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaky mystery shell?

Hello all,

I know that when you move a snail from one water source to another, there is a line in the shell separating old and new growth. However, one of my mysteries' new growth line looks flaky. I think someone posted asking about this earlier but I don't think there was a picture, so here you go

The new growth looks okay, so should I not worry about the flakiness? I have hard water (KH-9, GH-13 ish) so I don't think calcium is a problem.
    Attached Files

One of my mysteries' shells did that, and they were perfectly fine The "flakiness" went away after a month.

Comment

Oh that's good. Hopefully his/hers will go away too. It's weird how she's more beige than pink, hopefully the new growth will be more pink. The purple ones are nice and purple though.

Comment

Yeah, that's just a growth line. Usually the flakyness goes away but sometimes it doesn't.
        -Jonathan

Comment

I'm used to nerites, which have a very subtle growth line and definitely no flakiness.

Comment

I asked the same questions when I got my first mystery snails...those lines certainly don't look good when you aren't familiar with them.
            8 GloFish
            6 Glowlight Tetra
            1 Dwarf Gourami
            4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Originally posted by soarl View Post
              I asked the same questions when I got my first mystery snails...those lines certainly don't look good when you aren't familiar with them.
              I'm guessing yours turned out okay?

Comment

Yep...everything is good...they have grown quite a bit since then!
                8 GloFish
                6 Glowlight Tetra
                1 Dwarf Gourami
                4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Working...
                X