Flip over Nerites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip over Nerites?

Ok so random question, Im about to go buy a bunch of nerites at the local store (just got a big shipment in for a GREAT price) and I am wondering when they are in the tank do you need to flip over nerites? I know you have to flip turbo snails but what about nerites?
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Re: Flip over Nerites?

SW or FW? I always flip mine over.
    -Jonathan

Comment

FW Ill be getting prob a dozen or so either fri night or sat morning.
      -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Nice! What kind?
        -Jonathan

Comment

just olive ones. But were talking about $1 ea which is nice considering everyone else around here is $3
          -Jim-

Comment

What do you mean Flip over?

Comment

Turn them over so the foot faced down lol.
              -Jonathan

Comment

I had one that was stuck on a piece of slate, just doing laps for 4 days. Finally I came out one morning and he had taken the 1/2" leap off of the slate and was on his back. It looked like he wasn't trying to right himself so I went ahead and relocated him to a greener area of the tank, right side up of course.
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I assume he was much happier after this.

Thou Im curious as to how he got stuck there. Mine in my 33 long doesnt mind going upside down at all. he is all OVER that tank lol
                  -Jim-

Comment

It was funny because he was on the other side of the tank originally! He traversed many obstacles to ultimately end up on this rock but when he got there he just started doing laps like he thought he was on top of a HUGE mountain or something. I moved him to the tall cave/mountain in the tank with the other nerite and now he's a professional mountain climber, going upside down and all over. Maybe he just needed some practice.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

lol he was on the aerobics portion of the tank, now you have him into the hiking portion, next will be the straightwall climb lol
                      -Jim-

Comment

Haha! I'm really liking these little guys, at the "summit" of my mountain cave it was absolutely covered in green algae being only 2" form the light. As they went to work you could see swaths cut through it down to clean rock, I don't think I could've done better with a wire brush!

Now they're both kind of going in circle around the summit munching away, they're going to need some serious time on the round slate to work off all these algae calories.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

hahaha, your gonna have to make a snail work out zone in the tank for them.
                          -Jim-

Comment

They are very thorough! They've cleaned the summit and are methodically working down the mountain now, I can't wait until they feel they've done a good enough job on the mountain and move onto the glass.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                            X