Prince's great climb!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince's great climb!

At lights on this morning my purple mystery snail Prince was just reaching the top of the big tree in my 55g. Sorry about the flash in the second one but you can see him way at the top! We're talking like 12-13" off the ground, quite a climb. I also thought it was funny because the fish are very active around there so he'd take a peek, crawl a little, pull his helmet down and eat for a awhile and repeat while fish were bouncing off his shell.

As an added bonus I've included a shot of a gravid female Gald Barb from the rear in the 2nd picture!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Re: Prince's great climb!

oh wow... quite the mountain climber isn't (s)he!

Congrats on the prego barb!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Yeah he/she is! I just call him a he.

Thanks, with a tank full of corries it doesn't ever amount to anything but a cool behavior to watch anyways.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Great shot Matt!
        -Jonathan

Comment

lol the things that amuse us about our pets. cool pics.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Cute lol. Is this the same that was on a lily pad?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

Thanks guys. I've only been a mystery snail owner for a couple weeks so we're still in our honeymoon phase where I'm constantly attentive to them and snapping pictures.

Nope, I don't have any indoor lilly pads.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I only asked because over on FL another member mentioned her snail was named price and he ventured all the way up onto a lily pad! Your snails could be related! XD
                -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

They could! They both had a dream to climb something tall in the tank.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

either that or they plan a great fall from glory...

or they like to snail dive.
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Haha! That's how my Mystery snail Bonehead got his name! He climbed up the tallest "mountain" in the tank, crawled out onto a branch and just kept going until the bulk of his shell/body fell of the edge and he was hanging on by the tip of his foot!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Nice pictures, the pictures are making me want to try mystery snails now.

Comment

Before them I'd only had MTS and Nerites, these guys are so much more active, faster and all around more interesting imo.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

To me MTS are about as interesting as watching a microwave cook my food lol, but they serve a good purpose. After seeing the video of the snail riding bubbles and your pictures of the alien looking face I started thinking. Plus, that purple shell is pretty cool looking.

Comment

Your right! The fact the mts clean up poop to me is great but not very interesting.

The face on the mysteries is really cool! I don't know what they see but it actually looks like they're looking at you, I would assume probably just a shape. They're shells are pretty neat too, even the chestnut's shell has different hues and is very interesting, almost like an old piece of furniture has that polish and coloring.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                              X