good calcium level for snails?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good calcium level for snails?

Okay so as you guys should know I have a snail obsession and in my 26g besides the betta its all inverts (according to mike me having 5 assassins in there makes me a risk taker ) anyways i bought a calcium test kit by sera (seems to be the only brand my local lfs carries) any ways according to it my calcium level is about 480... is this good? Should it be higher/lower? Anyone have any ideas?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I said having nerites in with that many assassins makes you a risk taker! Those must be some edgy snails!!! lol

That cuttlebone you bought should be more than enough. When you feed them wafers and vegies they also get required calcium from those. Unless you notice their shells having problems you're okay.
    -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

I don't have nerites... I have mystery snails xD anyways i know they have plenty of calcium I was just wondering what the normal level required is/should be....
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Working...
      X