Mystery snail Burying itself?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery snail Burying itself?

So, I got 3 mysteries from Jon awhile back and one in particular, Bonehead, has turned out to be intent on breeding whether he has any willing participants or not. He relentlessly chases down the other two, Prince and Chip, and drags them in slow mo to their fate. Now my purple mystery actually burrowed into the sand after not being very active yesterday post "incident". I hadn't seen them do this and I wasn't sure if its traumatized and laying low or what,,
    Last edited by Matt B; 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM. Reason: Toned down verbiage
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Mystery Snails are very mysterious.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Where is the "like" button!?!?! I need it so badly right now! Oh well, this will have to suffice: ROFL OMG Hilarious!

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

We don't have a like button yet. I've pointed this out.

Comment

LOL Give him reputation instead of 'liking' it.

I've noticed some mysteries do that! Not all but some do. I've never had it happen personally. Looking for food perhaps?
          -Jonathan

Comment

I've always separated like stuff and rep stuff. Funny=like Good info/advice/tip=Rep and like

I'm glad it's not weird for them. It could be, the sand has a fair amount of organic debris in it, I hope it doesn't get to a root tab.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

This rep system doesn't work anything like the old forum. Can't rep same person more than once every so often.

Comment

You might need to get some more snails as kind of a support group for him...

Comment

Haha my peach male does this from time to time... no idea why but he does... I think Magoo's got pictures of one of hers doing it as well!
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                  2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                  1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                  40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                  "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Re: Mystery snail Burying itself?

Originally posted by Cichlidnut View Post
                    This rep system doesn't work anything like the old forum. Can't rep same person more than once every so often.
                    This is a setting. I believe it is set to 3. The default was 150!!!
                    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                    Socrates

Comment

Re: Mystery snail Burying itself?

Well if you want to use an alternate person for reps I will volunteer to receive reps so you can give the next rep to the person you want to give. Just being a friend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

That was a good one AP!
                        -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                          So, I got 3 mysteries from Jon awhile back and one in particular, Bonehead, has turned out to be a *snip*. He relentlessly chases down the other two, Prince and Chip, and drags them in slow mo to their fate. Now my purple mystery actually burrowed into the sand after not being very active yesterday post "incident".
                          First question - how do you breed these snails, rogue?!
                          Second question - why don't we have pictures or videos of these odd 'incidents'?

I'm extremely intrigued by might be happening in your tank lol. Sooooo confused....I guess it's just cause the mystery.
                          Last edited by mmolitor87; 01-17-2013, 10:10 PM.
                          -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Comment

How to breed mysteries? LOL Almost as easy and breeding bladder snails. I may have to write an article on that! Hm..... could be interesting. I have pictures AND videos lol.
                            -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by mmolitor87 View Post
                              First question - how do you breed these snails, rogue?!
                              Second question - why don't we have pictures or videos of these odd 'incidents'?

I'm extremely intrigued by might be happening in your tank lol. Sooooo confused....I guess it's just cause the mystery.
                              Lol. You must not have been around yet when Jon had his snail army! Just wait till you see pictures.

Not to mention the.... "Other" army he had...

Comment

Working...
                              X