Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Snails and Flourish excel

Hello

As some may know I am currently in the first stages of an aquatic jungle in my big tank.

As the bulbs are just the standard ones that came with the tank I was happy to find that one of my LFS sell Seachem Fertilisers.
    I have read the most about everyone using Excel the most that is the one I went for but can get the others if recommended

I have always been wary of using liquid fertilisers with my snails as I love those crazy munchers so I wanted to ask if Excel is safe to use with them before using it.

If anyone can advise or recommend any additional fertilisers from the seachem range please do

I also have tetra plant complete under the sand too

Thank you for reading
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

I use just the regular Flourish for my plants and you should know of my invert collection just dose as the bottle says and you should be fine :-) however I have heard some horror stories about excel... well most of the stories I have heard re about it but it seems to be more hit or miss with that product...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Hello Sean thank you I may try it in Mordin's tank first just to be on the safe side as long as it won't hurt Mordin he is due a water change once I've finished watching NCIS and eating lychees so ill pop in a bit after

Comment

Yeah testing it in his first sounds like a good idea :-) and I love NCIS!!!! What are lychees?
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Lol lychees are Chinese gooseberry's they're the only fruit I eat they are so yummy they have the same texture as squid but taste so sweet

Comment

Snails are completely fine with excel. I have MTS, nerites, and mysteries doing perfectly fine with daily doses of Excel.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Lychees are SO good! I had them growing on my property

I have no idea Sarah but I'd like to add to your question a bit. How about for other inverts like shrimp?
                -Jonathan

Comment

Good question Jonathan and I am curious too as I am seriously thinking about adding some bamboo shrimps once my tank has matured enough

I love lychees we don't see them very often over here so I buy them when I can so yummy

Comment

Working...
                  X