My bladder snail.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bladder snail.

He's getting big! He's the only bladder snail I can find in my 10g shrimp tank. For some reason the assassin snails haven't munched him up yet. I think I heard his shell crunch a bit when I went to put him back in. x.x Ooops. I took out the assassin I can find and put him in my 60g. Gonna keep an eye out for the other one so I can hopefully keep this bladder snail alive. He'll be my friend as long as he can't reproduce.
    Attached Files
    -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

5 days later you find 100 bladder snails xD
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

-Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

You should have some super happy snails then xD
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

lol yeah thats the problem with them, when you think the problem is under control it explodes again...
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I suppose I'll find out! If he turns out to be the only bladder snail he gets to live. Survival of the fittest? He's as large as the assassin snails! I'm not sure why they never munched him.
            -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

might have just not found him.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

WELL! It started laying eggs everywhere! This is me, confirming bladder snails are hermaphrodites! I dropped him into my 60g and watched my JD slurp it out of the shell. I used a razor blade to remove the egg sacks I could find and am ready to move assassins back into the shrimp tank.
                -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Yeah, they do that I had one beefy one in my 2.5 gallon shrimp tank, and then all of a sudden I was picking out a dozen per day (I have assassins in another tank) and still couldn't keep up with it. I don't keep pond snails anymore They produce a lot more waste than the other pest snails. I just keep MTS for the assassins now.

Comment

Pond snails die in my tank
                    -Jonathan

Comment

These were bladder, not pond. Shells curved to the left. I guess the same still applies lol. I decided when I'm sure they're gone I'll get a nerite. :P
                      -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

LOL okay. I can't keep any snails apparently. It's actually really depressing.
                        -Jonathan

Comment

I...didn't know there was a difference

Comment

Originally posted by kinezumi89 View Post
                            I...didn't know there was a difference
                            http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...a/9e930a0b.jpg
                            -Jonathan

Comment

I had a breed of the giant pond snail! 3" dude he was huge!
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
                              X