This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping boxes of fish

I have a couple boxes of fish to send out tomorrow and I'm not really sure what to do with them. I pack them up in the morning before school, which starts at 7:30, and it's hit or miss whether the post office lady is there yet or not. I was late to school last week and can't wait around for her to get there anymore.

Would it be okay for me to take the boxes to school with me? Should I bring them inside or let them in the car? I can leave right after school to take them to the post office (2:25).

Is your house far from the school? I'd pack them up and leave them at home so you can take them to the PO after school or have someone else take them to school. Definitely don't leave them in the car.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
      Is your house far from the school? I'd pack them up and leave them at home so you can take them to the PO after school or have someone else take them to school. Definitely don't leave them in the car.
      My house is about 10 miles from school. Normally, I would just pack them up and take them after school, but I have activities after school tomorrow and only get a half hour of personal time after school to ship them.

I can see if my mom can take them after work. I just don't know if she will be home from work in time.

I might trying talking to the school office sometime. I know they have a mail person pick up packages every day. I might be able to just put them in the office for pick up.

I have a place in the school I can put them for the day where they won't be messed around with, so I think in just gonna take them with me and put them in my locker.

Comment

Personally I would just print shipping labels for them and leave them for the post man, or that way you can just drop them off later.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I always print my own labels and just drop them off. How would I leave them for the postman? I would have to sit then outside by the mailbox till 9:30. Lol.

Comment

hmm then asking someone to drop them would be the best option IMO
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Tomorrow is President's Day! No mail delivery. No school? At least no school here in Oregon.

After I print my shipping labels and pay online for the postage I pack everything up and drop off at my PO on the way in to work. They will have a loading dock area where you can drop off boxes with prepaid labels attached. You should check with your office where you can drop off the boxes. My PO will accept packages until 6 PM weekdays or 2 PM Saturday (until August when there will no longer be Saturday services).
              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
              Socrates

Comment

Shipping boxes of fish

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                Tomorrow is President's Day! No mail delivery. No school? At least no school here in Oregon.

After I print my shipping labels and pay online for the postage I pack everything up and drop off at my PO on the way in to work. They will have a loading dock area where you can drop off boxes with prepaid labels attached. You should check with your office where you can drop off the boxes. My PO will accept packages until 6 PM weekdays or 2 PM Saturday (until August when there will no longer be Saturday services).
                Yeah, I realized that when I went to bed last night.... Duh. Lol.

My office doesn't have a drop off area. You have to hand it to a person. Also, you should still be able to drop off packages on Saturdays after change goes into affect. Post offices are staying open and still doing package deliveries, just no first class mail.

Edit: and yeah, I do have school >
                Last edited by dlondon95; 02-18-2013, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X