This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night life

Anyone ever take a flashlight and peer into their tanks to see what is going on?

It's been nearly four hours since my light has been off....and I took a flashlight to see what goes on. I saw a bunch of RCS foraging on the floor and Kuhlis as well.

Everyone else is asleep.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I do sometimes mainly to see if I can spot Loki and to see if him and Severus are eating

If I do it to Mordin's tank he is usually waiting to ambush me with his big face out
    And of course Henry does get the flashlight it's the only way I can see him when he is in his bomb I do it to check he is ok, still breathing
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I used to do that to get a head count on my otos. One of my tanks used to at such an angle that with the lights out and tv on, I could check out the activity in the tank from peering in through the side. It always amazed me how some of the fish could sleep right through the activity of the others.

Comment

lol I have done that via the room light as a couple of my tanks usually sleep earlier than others and yeah there is all kinds of cool stuff that starts to happen at night! I have really thought about getting some moon lights to see if I can see more of it.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

It reminded me of watching the discovery channel. It is nice to know my RCS are still around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I do that once in a while to try to catch my clown pleco out, but it never seems to work. I haven't see the whole fish in I don't know how long. The only reason I know he is still alive is because I see his tail swish around once in a great while through a hole in the top of his cave.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I was actually contemplating buying one the other day at the LFS, they look so cool but I like to be able to see my fish from time to time.

Heck I actually saw one of my Khuli loaches the other day! I was in awe.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thats great about your RCS AP! They adapted, impovised and overcame the angels in the tank!!!
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Did it again because I'm trying to fix my heater and I see an Army of RCS foraging on the bottom floor.

Comment

Shame you haven't got a night vision lens for your camera that would be a cool video
                    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

That is very cool. I would love to throw some shrimp in my tank, but the plants haven't filled in enough to protect them. It is cool though for me to see all of my cichlids just sleeping. Its funny to me how they position themselves as to best prevent having to exert energy to stay still while sleeping.

Comment

Working...
                      X