This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintentional Rescape

I was netting a sick fish out of my tank last night and unintentionally tore everything up trying to get to it. I had to pull most of the driftwood and rocks and caves out to catch the little guy. So, while they were out I decided to trim some plants and rearrange. Not sure I like it, to be honest, but I wasn't happy with it the other way either.

I had 2 large sword plants blocking the filter posts and one in the back right corner before. Their roots were overtaking my tank, so I pulled them out, trimmed one and put it back in. Now it seems kinda bare to me. I also removed my oto's fake cave which I'm pretty sure they're not happy about. I left the coconut one in there.

Any thoughts about which looks best or how I can make it look better? I was trying to free up some ground space since I have a lot of corydoras.

Before:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	141592

After:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	141593

Both look great. The first one is more symmetrical so that's the one I'd go for lol.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Nice. The varying heights in the plants took more natural.
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

They both look good to me but I also like the fuller look. With your green thumb, it will fill in in no time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

If you give it a little while I am sure it will fill out, which I why I like the first one more. They both do look good though :-)
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

That's what I miss the most, and I assume my otos do as well. I have some other plants I can move from other tanks too if I want. My 20 gallon is pretty full.

Comment

I kinda like the first, but I also like how the second give the tank a central focal point to it. Wonder what it would do with mirrored sides....
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
              X