This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish CAN miss each other.

So my convict got put into a breeder net for 2 days because she has a habit of stressing allllllll the other inhabitants of the tank, including my stocky JD. I didn't foresee a side effect of this! She was obviously a bit stressed and confused, though she was still eating. My JD on the other hand would not leave the proximity of the breeder net. He even tried picking through it to get her out!!! This is the same JD that was being harassed so endlessly by her for almost a year now.

He missed his friend(personal devil)!

I felt so bad that I've decided to let her out, as it's been 2 days with a lot of new decor in the tank along with everything moved around.....so far so good!
    -Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

That is cute

Comment

I hope the rearrange gives everyone a chance to find their favorite corner.....I doblove your method of time out
      36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

lol that is cute, guess the JD is a glutton for punishment!
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

They're cichlids so you can rearrange the entire tank and they'll still recognize objects as 'theirs'. If they're having a bad day everything is 'theirs' lol. This doesn't let new cichlids join the tank very easily!

I believed it was the best method because it kept her in the main tank with water she's used to, and it was meshy enough to obscure her view. It also let me drop food in just for her so I'd make sure she was eating still.

Yes....he's something LOL. He doesn't put up with her anymore though. I just watched her try to pick on him and get pushed around a bit. Go JD!
          -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

When 2 of my male angels were fighting constantly, I took one of them out and put him in the tank right next door. They could still see each other through the glass. Neither of them would leave the spot where they could see the other fish. It was really weird. So after a day, I put him back into the tank. They still fight, but now I know it is over girlfriends and egg laying territory.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

It's like the saying, "you can't really appreciate what you have until you lose it" You sure taught those fish

Comment

That's really cool Mike!
                -Jonathan

Comment

So long as they don't cause damage to each other I'd let them be. I too have one male that I have to keep separated as he is too mean and will kill the other males. Right now he is in a divided section of my 55G growout tank. At first the small ones would be chased out of his section, but now he ignores them. But, any time the male on the other side comes near, its like a switch gets turned on. And the mean one tries to break out of his jail cell.
                  - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                  Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                  Socrates

Comment

Yeah, thankfully the BP seems to holding his (automatic he when gender is unknown lol) quite well! He's a tough little bugger and even fended off the JD.

P.S. - He loves shrimp pellets lol. xD
                    -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Working...
                    X