This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowering from the riparium

Today is just full of surprises . After a month of owning it, my asclepias curassivica started forming flower buds, and that was a month ago. Now it finally began to open up. I now have a bit of spring in my room coming from what someone else dubbed as the sumparium lol. All of them aren't open completely yet, but I am happy with this .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	141603

Name:	IMG_3395.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	141604

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	141605

Wow!!! That is great!!! Great job Lieutenant!

Comment

That's great those plants are doing so well. Amazing shots too!
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Thank you Lieutenant Colonel CJ and Dena . I still surprised at the growth that these have. I've been toying with the settings on my camera, so thanks for the feedback on that too .

Comment

Great shot!! Flowers are very cute.

Tips on your camera, try to focus manually because the focus seems a bit off. Also mess with the white balance to get a better color on the flowers.
          -Jonathan

Comment

I love the flowers! Gotta be satisfying to succeed with some great indoor gardening, great work
            36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
              Great shot!! Flowers are very cute.

Tips on your camera, try to focus manually because the focus seems a bit off. Also mess with the white balance to get a better color on the flowers.
              Thanks, they are neat looking, never thought I would be excited about something flowering though lol.

I will try out the tips, thanks. I still have the white balance on auto, so I will try dialing that in some more. I'm not sure why it is blurry though, they are crisp on the SD card. Would the downsizing of the picture effect anything?

Originally posted by featherblue View Post
              I love the flowers! Gotta be satisfying to succeed with some great indoor gardening, great work
              Oh definitely, in the past I always ended up killing plants lol, so some success is nice. Thanks!

Comment

I think I had a rotala flower now to long ago. Kinda cool looking .

Hm... could be. I upload everything to photobucket without editing it in the least so if my pictures are a little blurry it is cause I didn't focus properly.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Nice, rotalas have some really interesting little flowers too.

It is probably my fault, I probably just need to blame something else lol. Anyway, I'll keep practicing at it to see if it can get better, and clear out some of my photobucket pictures since it is full .

Comment

LOL my photobucket is almost full too! I think I'll just make a new one.

Do you use a manual focus or an automatic focus? Manual is much easier IMO.
                    -Jonathan

Comment

Haha, that is what I was thinking of doing too, no way am I paying for more storage.

For these it was macro with auto focusing, white balance, and ISO, the rest is manual. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know if I can change to manual focus, I can't seem to find anything in the settings. The camera is really sensitive to any movement and it has a slow shutter speed that probably doesn't help me much.

Comment

Ah, a higher shutter speed would help a lot. Perhaps you should make a photography thread? We have some pretty good photographers here .

What kind of camera is it?
                        -Jonathan

Comment

Yeah, I don't know how fast it is, but I know the camera on my phone is much faster. Then I have had it for a while. I got it when Circuit City was still an actual store lol. A photography thread sounds like a good way to pick up some tips.

It is a Canon SD750.

Comment

Sorry to go OT on your camera's but the flowers look great Adam! Beautiful
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Hopefully they will seed...have you tried to pollinate the flowers?

Comment

Working...
                              X