This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you! to the wife!!!

Not that she will jump on the forum here at all or admit to caring about it.

But I need to put out this HUGE thank you to my WIFE. She really doesnt like all the tanks in the house but man I love her more and more. She called me tonight and while feeding my babies she noticed one of the filters wasnt working. Bless my wifes soul she called and asked how to fix the problem. This is a woman who would be happy if I sold ALL my tanks and walked away from the hobby mind you. She actually reached into a tank to clean algae from the filter intake, and then when that didnt fix the problem cleaned the filters for me and made sure they worked before going to bed. I love my wife...she is just so awesome to me!!!! I had to post this and commend her, she doesnt know that im even saying this (and im sure would rather forget that she kept my fish alive while im stuck at work for WAY to long).

So thank you my love!

and to all those that tend our fish for us let us not forget to say THANK YOU.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

That is awesome Jim! You've definitely got a keeper there I'm still waiting for the day to test my wife in that situation
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

That's great!! Now don't let her forget about it lol.
      -Jonathan

Comment

That's really sweet of you to say thank you to your lovely lady it shows how much she loves you to do that for you.

She could have just gone to bed and said she didn't know it wasn't working but she didn't and that makes her amazing definitely a keeper
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Its really fantastic when those we love reach out and embrace hobbies that don't interest them. Way to be brave to your wife I bet your stoked response and smile was worth the icky slime time for her
          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

wel she hasnt seen the smile yet lol I havent been home for 2 weeks due to being called in for an emergency at work. Im hoping to actually get home sometime in the next month for at least a day. So far its been working split 12hr shifts which is getting old, aside from that I am also a sallaried manager for the company so I'm just losing time all over the place thru this. The staff of the facility and others coming in to help have really been great thou and do make things a bit easier to manage thru.
            -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Awwww that's very nice of you Jim That stinks about work though! I can't imagine being away for so long at a time. I would miss my boyfriend and my cat and my fishies. Hopefully you get to go home soon

Comment

Your wife is a definite keeper. You are so lucky to have someone who looks after your fish so well even though she has no interest. Maybe you are slowly turning her into a fishkeeper and she cares more than she lets on.
                __________________________________________________ __________
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

That's great Jim! Sounds like you have a wonderful caring wife

Comment

Im trying to turn her into one...Im thinking about letting her even pick out some fish for a tank. Thou she has grown rather attached to my tank of Krib young lol.

Your right, it does suck to be away from home but I really do love what I do for work and what has happened is just really rough for the staff at the plant and I want to help them as much as anything else. So the little bit of suffering that I have to do pales in what they have done already. I just try to make it better for them as I can. There actually psyched that tonight whenI get there I am buying them some new coveralls and some new rain gear. Its amazing what getting them such simple things does.
                    -Jim-

Comment

I would say try letting her pick some out Jim, I let my wife pick the variety of my current batch of angels and she has shown MUCH more interest in their day to day lives and behaviours than any other fish I have, worth a shot imo

Thats really great of you. Coming from a blue collar guy that has worked in less than ideal conditions with improper equipment, those little things can have such an impact on morale. Something like some proper raingear can make all the difference in the world to guys who have to do their jobs regardless of whats falling out of the sky. Nice work
                      __________________________________________________ _____
                      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Definitely a keeper...you should surprise her with a fish tank of her own

Comment

Working...
                        X