• Show
Clear All

• what a surprise

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130315_193336.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	141630

Great and on top of it My Kribs have Eggs....
    Last edited by RogueAgent94; 03-15-2013, 04:50 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Awesome!! Pretty angel too
    -Jonathan

Comment

That's terrific!
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

It would be terrific if my krib didn't lay eggs right underneath...

Question... I moved the plant with eggs to my qt tank... half the eggs are white, the other half are clear...I moved the male and female into the qt tank as well.... I do not think lucky notices her eggs though...

~Anthony

Comment

Congrats I hope my Angelfish lay eggs soon

Comment

I moved my plant with the eggs but left the parents in the main tank. You could read my thread to see what I did. I would link it but don't know how to do it with the tablet.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

i plan on moving the eggs form the parents and hatching them in a pickle jar. they can stay in the jar for awhile, it also makes it very easy for them to find food. a air stone, 50% daily water change little bit of methylene blue. make sure you keep the bottom clean.
              other tanks not in my info...
              33g long 1M CT Betta, 1M HM Betta, 1M DT Betta, 1F HM Betta
              15g 3 celestial pearl danios, cherry shrimp, 8 pygmy corys, 5 ottos
              10g QT 1 Green Severum, 1 Red Tailed Shark
              You can see my tanks on my YouTube page HERE

Comment

OK so its fine to remove the eggs from the parents? Since the move they have paid no attention to the eggs...

~Anthony

Comment

If they will raise them it will save you a lot of trouble. But from what I have read you can do just as good job as the parents. You need to remove the dead eggs or fungus will grow. Use a eye dropper or something to remove them. It might take u a few times but they should stay at it. Do lots of water changes and feed live or frozen foods should help. Sometimes a temp drop will help but it depends on the fish and I'm not sure with kribs.

Comment

If you are going to use a pickle jar, pick up a couple of sponges and about 10 inch narrow plastic pipe. Fit sponges, one in the neck of the jar and the other about 1 inch off the bottom. Cut slits into the middle of each sponge and insert tube. Run airline tubing into the plastic pipe.

This turns your jar into a giant sponge filter. Place the eggs between the sponges and set in your tank. Water constantly circulates with the main tank and no need to manage heat or water changes.
                    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                    Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                      If you are going to use a pickle jar, pick up a couple of sponges and about 10 inch narrow plastic pipe. Fit sponges, one in the neck of the jar and the other about 1 inch off the bottom. Cut slits into the middle of each sponge and insert tube. Run airline tubing into the plastic pipe.

This turns your jar into a giant sponge filter. Place the eggs between the sponges and set in your tank. Water constantly circulates with the main tank and no need to manage heat or water changes.
                      that sounds interesting. i just bought some very small sponge filters for mine. there azoo for 10g at foster and smith. i dont suppose there is a video on how to make this diy one your talking about?

Comment

I'm using my 20gallon... So putting the parents back is a better idea?

~Anthony

Comment

if there not paying attention to the eggs i would remove the parents. they would prob eat any free swimmers. the problem with fry in such a big tank is they have trouble finding food. and if you overfeed you will foul the water up and they will die. really anything bigger then a 5g is to big.

Comment

Well I have a 2.5g as well

~Anthony

Comment

that would be great. you can try to just leave them in the 20g this time if you want. like i said i doubt this will be the last time they do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X