palurdarium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• palurdarium

Hi I'm wanting to create a 26g bowfront palurdarium I will post a pic of how I'm wanting to do it... I will have about 13g in the tank I am wanting to know what fish I can put in it and what type of plants and will I need rocks http://kin6david.xanga.com/photos/2f544106163792/

Thanks. Cody
    Last edited by Cody J; 03-16-2013, 09:18 AM.

Great idea! I'd stick to tetras personally. Maybe a gourami.

Is that your picture? If not you need to replace the picture with a link.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Fish wise you could do pygmy cories and some Tetris or maybe some neons (thr blacks are my favorite) or skip the fish and get a fire belly toad if you have enough land setup!
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I like the gouramie and Pygmy corydoras whatabout plants

Comment

That would be something really neat to put together. I'll throw some thoughts out . If there is enough humidity you could probably use almost any aquatic plant that can be grown emersed. Star moss would make for a really nice rock cover, or many other mosses. Another option, and I don't know if this would be possibly, is a carnivorous plant paludarium. There are many beautiful species of carnivorous plants. Also, bromeliad air plants (Tillandsia species are very nice, someday I will get some) may do well in that type of setup.

As for fish, depending on the parameters and if you are going for a biotope, I would think fish that stay small would do well. Again these are just thoughts. Maybe a small school of ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, danio erythromicron, or neon tetras might work. An alternative could be a group of small cories such as corydoras pygmaeus, habrosus, or hastatus. It would be neat if vampire crabs could work in there instead of fish . That's all I have in my mind lol.

Comment

Alright here is my thought Harlequin rasboras Pygmy cories and possibly a gouramie star moss looks great I'm wanting to have a secret compartment for my filter

Comment

I think harlequin rasboras would work since there should be enough space for them, but I'm not completely sure. I don't know how far the stocking could go though. Star moss is a nice looking terrestrial moss. Riccia might work out really well down by the water where it can grow emersed, and then spread on top of the water as a floating mat. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with .
              Last edited by chevyguy8893; 03-16-2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I will have to convince my parents to let me do this but I'm gonna have to find some rocks to put in there...I'm thinking of just dropping the level to 10g and not have the gouramie and I'm planning on making a hidden PVC cave

Can someone give me help with the layout
                Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 03-16-2013, 01:51 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

I can't help with layout to much but for rocking you could use like lava rocks or Texas holey rocks they pours and if you had water flowing over them (use a 45gph Powerheads for example) they make great biological filters... Also if you were to add shrimp or crabs they could eventually feed off the rocking as well
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                  2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                  1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                  40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                  "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

For the vast majority of the hardscape I would make your own rocks using styrofoam. That way you can shape it in the specific patterns and such that you want. Plus you won't have to worry about the weight.
                    -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                    X