Fish Personality Quirks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Personality Quirks

We all know certain fish have their personality quirks beyond what their normal species do. Such as Benny, my GBR, managing to photobomb just about every picture of anything I try to take...but when I try to take one of specifically him, he swims off.
    Rasp, my bn pleco, gets cranky if she hasn't had her zucchini. She'll chase my cories around and away from it once she does get it.

What are some of the quirks of your fish?
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

My fish don't seem to have any... I mean I have a mystery snail that likes to burrow and a betta that refuses to flare even at his own reflection but that's it...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

My cories are quirky little fish but my BBL's have them beat hands down. No particular weirdness from one fish though.
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I have the wonderfully cheeky Mordin who is a personality all of his own with the ambushing with a flare and pretending not to see me to the trying to bite my finger through the glass and sulking on fast day to the overexcitement at feeding time and tantrums when I mess with his tank. He is my little monkey.

Then there is cranky Severus and mischievous Loki who likes sneaking up on Sev. And Herschel and Monty who think they are big game hunters going after snails as big as them and then getting told off and giving me the sweet and innocent look.

Can't forget my army of snufflers who do freeze frame when I approach the tank but after a little while its like someone flicked a switch and off a snuffling they go lol
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I considered the personalities and habits of my fish. And, honestly can't pick out their quirks. Thinking I am so used to them that it has become normal for me.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Working...
          X