fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish

Hello I have had ich that killed a fish 2 or more weeks ago and I have been treating it ever since is it safe to put fish in my tank?

How long has it been completely ich-free? I think you are supposed to keep the temperature elevated for at least a couple of weeks after the ich disappears to make sure there isn't anything dormant.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I would wait a minimum of two weeks since you last saw physical signs of Ich on the fish.

Patience is key...and I'm the most impatience person.

Comment

It has been 2 weeks and ill raise the temp

Comment

Don't forget to add additional oxygen/agitation to your tank when raising the temperature. Warmer water carries less oxygen in the water.

Comment

Ok got it bubbler-on

Comment

I keep my QT tank at a higher temp just for this reason, a short trip thru heat treatment will not affect most fish in the long run. I do run a larger air pump on it and tend to keep the tank almost over oxygenated from it.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

It can be handy imo to have your qt warm like Pirahnah said, not only will it accelerate the ich and make it apparent, but the heat can speed up the lifecycle of other organisms and bacteria, making it more likely to see symptoms in qt.
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Hehe I do the same. My QT is nice and warm and is also filled with IAL.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                  X