LFS's Everywhere...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFS's Everywhere...

I've been searching my area for LFS's.... slowly BUT surely I am finding MANY....

HMMMM.... Maybe we should have a map with LFS's on here to help each other and new members that maybe in whoever's area
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

One thing I found helpful on a different forum was subgroups by state & country. Within that was an ongoing thread about LFS where people would say, for example, I was at Fish Den in Denver and they just got some new mosses in.
    Chris (the 'h' is silent)

Comment

Wish my town had more than petsmart and a single lfs... Have to travel the town over for a good one...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I think our own lfs review section would be great.......we could help each other avoid problems and support businesses that really care
        36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
          Wish my town had more than petsmart and a single lfs... Have to travel the town over for a good one...
          Not to mention, it's uphill both ways. And the snow, don't even get you started on the snow

Funny thing is, there is the better part of a dozen LFS in the Denver metro, but I would only buy from 2, maybe a 3rd if they had something super bomb.
          Chris (the 'h' is silent)

Comment

I wish we had more here that petsmart and petco. There's one about 20 mi. From here, but can take 40minutes to get to. ( gotta love that Cali traffic...yuk) I did hear there was a saltwater lfs that was going to start carrying freshwater fish and supplies, that's a little closer, but I'll wait and see what they look like.
            Robin
            55g, 10g, 5g
            55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

Well the one I just found is 30 minutes away.. prices are comparable BUT Everything all around is 100 times better than anything around...
              Last edited by AquaAnt; 03-25-2013, 06:54 PM.
              It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
              As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I have PetSmart, Petco, Pet Depot, 2 locally owned LPSs and 1 LFS within about 25 miles from my house. And I usually prefer to go to one that is 45 miles away because her fish are healthier looking and she will special order for me.
                __________________________________________________ __________
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Lfslocator.com is pretty good. Not sure who's job it is it keep updated though. Last time I was on there, it wasn't updated to my area at all.

Comment

some come and go so quickly that they never show up or have a chance. Usually I just talk to the workers there. I have my favorite and they know it by the money I spend haha. I do shop at others and usually the staff have all moved around from some of them. Around me there are two that are always "at war" with each other, well one is waring more than the other but it is what it is.
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X