No luck with...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck with...

What are fish or inverts you just have no luck with?

Mine are:

-Neon Tetras of the non-Florida raised variety (loved my Florida raised Neons, and they were probably the healthiest fish I ever owned)
    -Mystery Snails
    -RCS

Ummm I have had awesome luck with everything.but pumpkin shrimp...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Errrrr.... Black Lace Angels... the seem to be real weak in my area... they get sick quick and die first even though they got the diseases pretty much last... it stinks... they are such beautiful fish... So... I'm done wasting money on them at 15-20 bucks a pop I have tried around 10 times... I HATE Wasting Money...
      It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
      As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

DD Angles
        Mystery Snails
        Platties

For some reason none really like my tanks, my Kribs on the other hand are like some peoples angel fish!
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

So far only mystery snails. They live for about 6 months then die suddenly.

Comment

Dwarf Gourami's. I love them and their personalities but in my area I can't find one that doesn't have/get DGD. One of these days I'll import one I've told myself.
            __________________________________________________ _____
            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I originally thought ghost shrimp, but now they're doing just fine..

Uh..no one breeds in my 29g though :P
              ~Erin
              10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

I've had very bad luck with bettas.

Comment

Same here, Dillon. My last batch grew double in size in about 4 months then clocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Akari_32 View Post
                    Same here, Dillon. My last batch grew double in size in about 4 months then clocked out.
                    Exactly the same with mine.

Comment

Panda cories - 0 for 5
                      Bamboo shrimp - 0 for 2
                      Lost a number of platies randomly, but I think that's due to poor LFS genetics (randomly start to get skinny then die, no other fish are affected)
                      Lost all my ghost shrimp, but that's because everyone was eating them

Comment

I'm beginning to think I'm not going to be able to keep mystery snails. I got 2 from one of the stores around here. They got huge, but then I found empty shells one morning - no warning, just gone. I got 3 babies from a FL member and they were doing fantastic. But now their shells are starting to look a bit dodgy. I have cuttlebones in the HOB filter to try to boost the calcium and there are always veggies in the tank. They used to swarm it as soon as I put it in, but now they kind of ignore it - even the zucchini. The mts, on the other hand, is multiplying into a small army.
                        __________________________________________________ __________
                        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Have your water tested for calcium (a ops that does sw will have the test, or you can get one). My snails get white rings if its under 100ppm for too long. I dose with marine Cal suppliment during wc to keep it up
                          Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 03-25-2013, 09:03 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
                          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Originally posted by featherblue View Post
                            Have your water tested for calcium (a ops that does sw will have the test, or you can get one). My snails get white rings if its under 100ppm for too long. I dose with marine Cal suppliment during wc to keep it up
                            I keep my calcium levels at 1300ppm... That's a bit high but my snails are flurishing! I recommended getting the marine calcium like blue said... Kent's is a great brand I get most of my stuff through them now!
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                            2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                            1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                            40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I was going to pick up a calcium test but all I see is for saltwater and didn't know if the results would be the same.
                              __________________________________________________ __________
                              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Working...
                              X