X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not just for cats?

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...nts&1364426803
    I checked out his lot and when reading i found this:
    "Substrate: Pure clay kitty litter, no clumping chemicals or fragrances added."
    I mean clearly it can be used because he is but is there any good that can come from using it?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I've heard of people using this before, but have never actually talked to anyone about the benefits of it. I assume it is just like people adding chunks of red clay to their substrate. It is full of nutrients essential for plant growth.

Comment

idk... I am curious to see if it works well or not... but I am not sure how i could go about testing it... I have no tanks available until I get my split setup finished... then I'll have 2 5g critter carriers available...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Hmmm. Maybe use it in a small container of some sort?

Comment

oh yeah I have those pots that I had planned to use on the front porch for the Mangroves... I could try it out in one of those just need to find a good non-clumping no fragrance clay cat litter... brand suggestions?
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

That's a good idea. I have no clue what brands there are. All our cats we ever had didn't have litter boxes. They went to the door and meowed when they had to go!

Comment

lol my last cat Pepper was like that... sadly she got into a fight and lost I won't let any other cats outdoors now for that reason...

okay so I am going to check around and see if i can find any... I am sure petsmart has some kind of bag...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

That's what I'm assuming happened to mine as well He went out one day and just never came back.

Maybe some kind of organic cat litter. If that even exists. lol

Comment

Pepper got into a fight with the Groudhogs that lived next door to us... needless to say I hate them all, even though she was protecting her babies...

lol I think there is an organic corn one ;D I am sure there is somewhere lol
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Aww. Thats sad...

I think they can make just about anything from corn anymore! haha

Comment

yeah she was 13 and still acted like a kitten

I know right lol... gotta love corn... or not... I don't judge lol
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Mine was only about 5.

Eh... I like corn for most things, just not ethanol. lol

Comment

I've read on the planted tank that the clay kitty litter is a good source of iron since it's made of clay. People use it as a bottom layer sometimes.

Comment

Ohh okay awesome... Still going to get some litter then
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I've always wanted to try that substrate. Seems interesting...

Comment

Working...
                              X