I'm getting a box this week!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a box this week!!

I'm tired of referring to the fish I'll be getting as my "new arrivals" so you all should guess what they are

I'm thinking either blood parrots or angels?
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Well this will be a short-lived thread Dingdingding! Angels!! I'm super excited. Soon I'll be able to post in your angel thread

Backstory: CJ has too many angels and has wanted to send me two blue marbles for awhile. He's tried two or three times, but each time the post office said he couldn't ship fish (which is obviously bull). Sooo he's buying me two blue marbles from Lee as an early graduation present I hear some of you fine people have his angels too. He's shipping them on Wednesday so I'll get them on Thursday.

Regarding my other thread (tiny feesh), another reason I want to move the platies is because it would be fun to keep the extras (I hear he sends an extra or two to account for possible losses). Also, I'd be afraid that the endlers, if I moved them into the 55, would be lunch for the angels once they get bigger. Some of the neons are pretty beefy already, and since I think he sends babies, I'm not too worried about them since they should be pretty full-grown once the angels get to be bigger.

Expect a thread with pictures on Thursday!!

Comment

Can't wait to see the pictures.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Aroo welcome to keeping angels and do I win a cookie?

Can't wait to see pictures and when you speak to CJ will you say hello to him for me?
          Thursday isn't too far away I bet you're excited I'm getting new angels this week maybe even tomorrow if Oliver stops being mean

Comment

I can't wait to get them! I am SUPER excited.

I will tell CJ you said hello, I talk to him through email. You'll have to post pictures of your new angels too! Tell Oliver to stop being a meanie

Also, I have to ask, what is aroo? It must be a British thing

Comment

USPS pub. 52 concerns live shipping
              Here is a link to the page covering shipping live fish.
              Info is about 80% down the page.

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c5_007.htm
              The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

That's a lot of information So assuming he packaged them properly, there's no reason they can say no, right?

Comment

Originally posted by kinezumi89 View Post
                  I can't wait to get them! I am SUPER excited.

I will tell CJ you said hello, I talk to him through email. You'll have to post pictures of your new angels too! Tell Oliver to stop being a meanie

Also, I have to ask, what is aroo? It must be a British thing
                  Thank you Zumi

Aroo is from Fallout 3 the dog sidekick dog meat used to say aroo when he was happy I always thought it sounded like a happy howl. Not a British thing but a Sarah thing

Comment

LOL it does sound like a dog thing to say, that makes more sense

Comment

Correct, one thing I have noticed is, they travel better if they are NOT marked "live fish".
                      I mark them, "water samples".
                      Any COMPATENT window clerk should know they are mailable. Since livestock is not insurable, if you state you are willing to take the risk of them not getting there in a timely manner, they cannot refuse to ship them.
                      The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know! I'll pass that link along to him, should he want to try and ship fish again.

Comment

I'm super excited for you Zumi!!!! I can't wait to see them! FINALLY ANGELS!

Originally posted by Dino Claus View Post
                          Correct, one thing I have noticed is, they travel better if they are NOT marked "live fish".
                          I mark them, "water samples".
                          I like that, "water samples" sounds more official and proper than just "liquid".
                          __________________________________________________ _____
                          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Finally angels!!

Comment

Water samples is pretty smart... I'll have to use that next time! Lol... And with everyone getting angels I should get one lol can't wait for pictures
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X