New Species

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Species

A new species of fish was discovered recently! Pretty cool looking too. Thought I'd share.

http://www.sci-news.com/biology/article00972.html
    -Jonathan

Very cool! How long till you see it in the hobby? lol
    8 GloFish
    6 Glowlight Tetra
    1 Dwarf Gourami
    4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Wow the blue belly is just to cool!!! I wonder how long it will take to leak into the aquarium hobby
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Since it is an area where hobby fish are already collected, I would say it will not be long.
        The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Interesting... this would explode in nano tanks hopefully they would make great fish food too lol
          It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
          As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

That is an awesome little guy! Great nano tank fish!!

I thought I found a new species in the feeder tank at work, alas, it was a malformed guppy
            __________________________________________________ _____
            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

wow those can probably be eaten really easily

Comment

I don't know how much of a hit these guys will make in the hobby because of their small size. Smaller fish are harder to feed.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Very nice looking fish.
                  sigpic

Comment

Those are really cool looking. That coloring is amazing . From their description of it, it would probably need a blackwater tank with lighting that would just barely be enough to see them.

Comment

Yeah but they'd be an amazing addition to a blackwater set up. You'd need moonlighted to see them I think. They sound shy.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                        Yeah but they'd be an amazing addition to a blackwater set up. You'd need moonlighted to see them I think. They sound shy.
                        I agree, a large shoal of them seems like it would look very nice. Their bright coloring would probably stand out very well too. It did come across as them being a nocturnal fish, at that size I would think that would be best for survival. So...when do you think you will have them lol

Comment

Next year for sure lol! I already know someone that is planning a trip to go collect a group of them.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Next year for sure lol! I already know someone that is planning a trip to go collect a group of them.
                            Oh cool, that would be neat to be able to go see the natural habitat for a fish firsthand and collect them legally. Plus, the Rio Negro and the surrounding area just seems to be an interesting area, but dangerous in some aspects.

Comment

We might know the same person then. I know someone who is planning to collect them as well.
                              Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Working...
                              X