Need your help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help!!!

So my Angels have laid more eggs today... I tried the first time and failed miserably... I let the Angels try it and they ate them... I have the eggs on slate so the transfer would be easy PLEASE ADVISE

This is what I have

2.5g tank
    fusion 500 air pump
    air stone
    aqueon 50 watt heater
    methylene blue

Edit: just shattered my glass top :-(
    Last edited by AquaAnt; 04-07-2013, 08:12 PM.
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

I put the slate in the 2.5. I used water from the tank. I had an inside corner filter in it. I used an air stone and had it close to the slate so there was a constant flow of water around the eggs. I didn't have the meth blue so I don't know how to dose that but I know there is a thread on here somewhere. I had a heater set to about 80.5 going.

Hope that helped some.

edit: I don't know if you really need the filter. I had that one cycled and I just felt more comfortable having one in there.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Transfer the slate to the 2.5G that is filled with tap water.

Place the airstone near the slate, but not so that the bubbles don't come in direct contact with the eggs

Follow directions for dosing Meth Blue; or add 2 drops of hydrogen peroxide per gallon tank size (5 drops for a 2.5G)

Maintain temps of 80F for optimal development

Each day do a water change without exposing the eggs to air. And remove any white or fungus covered eggs.

Sometime during the 2nd day the eggs should hatch. Don't worry if the wrigglers fall to the bottom. Just let them be.

Good luck.
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Thanks I'm on it... I didn't use tap water though.. I used tank water... I do have a whisper 10 filter... BUT do I need it or use it? I kinda feel the suction of the whisper 10 would suck the eggs right in the filter... I used 12 drops of methylene blue stained my hand with it too... I see some white eggs so I'll suck them off with my baster syringe ... I didn't know I had to daily WC either thanks... so I keep adding MB to it every day as well?

Edit... my slate is flat on the bottom of the tank... should I prop it up at an angle?
        Last edited by AquaAnt; 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM.

~Anthony

Comment

I don't have luck with using tank water as it contains nitrogen waste. Nitrogen and fry do not get along well. Just do a large water change tomorrow and the level should be low enough.

No you do not need to redose Meth Blue. The point of it is to stop the fungus from attacking the eggs. Once hatched that threat is gone.

I would add a sponge filter. This would create a current and keep the wrigglers and free swimmers safe.

Just leave the slate as is. While most would angle the slate, eggs that fall off would hatch from the bottom anyway.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

I have my air stone blasting bubbles... I set the fusion 500 at max.... I read a TON of info including on AngelsPlus... well I guess in 60 hours we should see... crossing fingers that I get the majority of the eggs to hatch...

Do the parents get upset about this? Lucky looks a little bummed now...

~Anthony

Comment

Mine got mad at me the second time I took their eggs. He even head-butted my hand when I was taking the plant out. but they get over it real quick.
              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Well so far so good...only lost 18 eggs from yesterday... did a 100% WC... so I will be home later this evening to see the progress... tomorrow evening should be 48 hours so Wednesday will be something or nothing

~Anthony

Comment

It took my last batch almost 3 days to get to wriggler stage. Don't be disheartened if you lose a lot of them. I ended up with about 30 free swimmers out of all the wrigglers I had and only 4 of them survived.

Keep us posted.
                  Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Its all new to me so I'm not expecting much out of this since I am a newbie at this...

~Anthony

Comment

This is my 3rd try at it and I am thrilled to have 4 babies to show for it.
                      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Well this is the third time for eggs... I did it all wrong the first time

~Anthony

Comment

Update: geez like 30 eggs went white... yikes at this pace every six hours their might be none left...

~Anthony

Comment

Step away from the tank . You still might come away with a few. I don't know about yours but mine laid hundreds of eggs. I didn't start to worry about them until they hit the wriggler stage.
                            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

And if this batch isn't successful...you will have years of Angel laying moments.
                              Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Working...
                              X